Enterprise Sales - Portfolio Analytics and Index Account Manager, Shanghai
Posted Mar 8, 2019 - Requisition No. 74013
Our Portfolio & Index Sales teams put the industry’s most powerful Portfolio and Risk Analytics Solution (PORT) as well as Bloomberg Barclays Indices and proprietary indices at the fingertips of global investment professionals. Our solutions help our clients make quicker and more informed decision by empowering them with the tools to define appropriate investment universes with benchmarks, successfully implement optimal investment portfolio strategies, easily and accurately measure portfolio risk and return, and streamline their overall investment management workflow.
What's the role?
As a key member of our sales team in China, you'll be responsible for providing exceptional service to clients of Bloomberg's Portfolio and Risk Analytics & Bloomberg Barclays Indices, building deep relationships, generating leads and driving adoption and revenue. You'll work closely with your customers to gain a clear understanding of their business needs, and provide consultative solutions to build stronger relationships. You'll also play a role in influencing the direction of our products by providing feedback on user workflow demand, competitor intelligence, and market trends. The position is based in Shanghai and may require extensive travel in China.
You'll need to demonstrate credibility with a proven competency and knowledge of the buy-side community in China, understands the nuts and bolts of portfolio management and have a thorough understanding of Bloomberg product features, optimal workflow and usage, benefits. You will need to be able to demonstrate a genuine interest in our clients by being a good listener and understanding their Enterprise needs before recommending solutions.
We'll trust you to focus on these 3 core areas:
1) Client relationship and user growth
2) Product knowledge and client adoption
3) Sales and solution opportunities
You will demonstrate a depth of understanding and fluency in those areas by:
- Understanding client business, workflow and tech stack
- Creating account plans and executing on strategies to increase presence of PORT and Index products
- Developing and managing key customer relationships with decision makers and key people with influence to gain strategic positioning within assigned account to maximize sales opportunities
- Thoughtfully positioning functionality and product
- Proactively sharing new products and enhancements
- Collaborating with Sales and Product team with insight and intelligence
- Leverage product and industry knowledge to spot situations and propose solutions across division and firm
- Leading sales initiatives to engage customers to continually partner with the PORT & Index business
- Collaborating with Core Sales and other ancillary businesses to uncover growth opportunities within the account
You’ll need to have:
- Native in Mandarin Chinese and fluent in English
- Proven client relationship management experience and/or sales experience on an enterprise scale
- Experience working in or servicing the buy-side i.e. pension funds, investment advisors or mutual funds, or alternatively, experience in financial engineering/structuring
- Demonstrable ability to identify new prospects, and build and maintain solid client relationships
- Service oriented and client focused
- Equity and/or Fixed Income market experience and knowledge
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Aptitude to excel in a dynamic, rapidly growing environment
- A self-starter and proactive collaborator with strong multi-tasking skills
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this: https://blpcareers.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of thought and perspective in every form. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.