Event Manager, Shanghai
Posted Jun 1, 2023 - Requisition No. 116653
Bloomberg is a global leader in business and financial information, news and insight, and we use innovative technology to deliver trusted data and bring transparency to the financial markets. Our customers around the globe rely on us for the information and tools they need to make critical investment decisions and remain connected across all sides of the financial community. To ensure the best experience for our 20,000+ employees across 176 offices globally, we provide the spaces and systems that allow our teams to work together with agility, productivity and collaboration, no matter where they are.
The Bloomberg Financial Solutions department of 5,000+ employees is at the forefront of ensuring success for our customers and employees alike. Our team comprises several key pillars: sales, service, operations, culture and brand. As a department, we are united by a common goal: We create meaningful relationships with clients by understanding their needs and delivering outstanding end-to-end support from sales and implementation, through their ongoing relationship with Bloomberg.
The Global Event Team is part of Marketing and is responsible for the strategy, planning and management of events for our clients, prospects, influencers and employees. We partner across Marketing and with our internal stakeholders globally to create events that provide our attendees with an enriched and integrated Bloomberg experience. The power of our data enables us to target the right audience at the right time to achieve the strongest outcomes.
What’s the role:
This event manager role will work with the Marketing, Events, Communications, Government Relations and Philanthropy teams across APAC to develop, plan, execute and measure all events (virtual, hybrid and in person) across Bloomberg’s business verticals. You will work closely with the business and sales leaders of the businesses in Bloomberg to develop and execute strategic event programs that are targeted at our audiences and integrated with other marketing tactics. You will work with internal marketing partners to ensure that our events are creative and coordinated with the various digital and social platforms. You will also ensure relevant post event analysis is done so that we can measure our events effectively which in turn will influence future decisions.
As part of the Global Events Team, you will utilize the event production tools, platforms and programs within Bloomberg to deliver flawless event execution. This includes virtual, hybrid and in-person events. You will manage the creative process, including invites, event production, audio visual requirements, speaker management, overall logistics and post event administration.
As many of our event programs are virtual in nature, you will be expected to execute our virtual events on the chosen platform. You will also be expected to lead domestic and international projects with multiple stakeholders (across different geos and businesses) from inception to delivery. You will be encouraged to make sound independent decisions consistent with business.
You’ll need to have:
- At least 6 years of relevant experience either as an in-house event planner or in an agency
- Extensive experience with planning and executing multi-faceted, complex integrated events (virtual, hybrid and in-person) with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent project management skill, strong communication skills and ability to present to all levels of management
- Extensive experience planning and executing virtual and in person events across APAC
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Mandarin
- Experience in providing event program strategic mentorship, including target audience experience mapping, event portfolio analysis and integration with other marketing tactics
- Ability to multi-task in a time-pressured environment
- Experience in integrating digital and social media tactics into key event programs and advocating for an integrated event experience approach
- Ability to question the status quo with the objective of continuous improvement
- Experience in developing metrics for the different types of events
- Develops and manages relationship with marketing and/or sales lead in region based on assigned Business Unit. Works with marketing and/or sales lead in region based on assigned Business Unit to design and implement relevant event programs.
- Collaborates with marketing program managers to ensure the successful deployment & integration of events within the overall marketing plan, seamless communications with external partners (government agencies, conference organizers, key associations, etc) and creation of unique event experiences that communicate our key messages.
- Project leadership and management. Leads domestic and international projects with numerous partners (across different geos) and teams from inception to delivery. Will be encouraged to make sound independent decisions consistent with business
- A full hands-on approach is critical for success. Candidate needs to show ability to inject business value in projects managed by him/her and to show leadership across the overall event spectrum, from planning to execution. He/she needs to demonstrate the ability to make decisions citing relevant examples from previous work experience and can influence stakeholders.
- Preferred experience in working on conference/seminars, not exhibitions. Important to note that the kind of events run by Bloomberg are more granular, detail-oriented and targeted seminars/webinars as opposed to large summits and mega events.
We'd love to see:
- Tech savvy: You always have your finger on the pulse of latest technology & competitive trends. Experience in utilizing different virtual event platforms and latest technology for virtual events.
- Understanding or experience working in the financial services markets
You could be the one.
At Bloomberg, we focus on what makes each person unique, interesting, unexpected, and even untraditional. The job descriptions here include everything we think would help someone to perform the role. If you think you may be a good candidate, even if you don’t match every last detail listed, we’d really like to hear from you. Let’s get the conversation started.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.