Field Camera Operator
Posted Apr 30, 2019 - Requisition No. 74873
We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge each other. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen!
Using your passion and expertise of camera and lighting developed over many years, you will be working on a wide range of live and pre-recorded field news-gathering primarily in China but also supporting colleagues across the APAC region. From 'down the line' interviews and B-roll shoots to high end feature programming and interviews with global business leaders and heads of state, you will be able to use your experience to get the very best pictures and sound in a dynamic and challenging region.
You will be responsible for organisation and day to day readiness and maintenance of all your equipment including, Sony, Panasonic and Cannon cameras, all lighting and sound equipment, field switchers and bonded cellular transmission devices like Aviwest and LiveU.
We will expect you to:
- Be able to work with or without a Producer
- Work as part of a team on larger shoots
- Work as the lead camera/DP on smaller shoots with support from freelance crews
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems under pressure
- Be able to travel across the APAC region at short notice and work irregular hours
You’ll need to have:
- BA/BS degree in related TV/Video Production or equivalent experience required
- Field Editing Experience
- Excellent communication skills in English and preferably Mandarin
- Minimum of two years of experience in operating professional broadcast/ENG television camera(s)
If this sounds like you:
Apply! We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at http://www.bloomberg.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com