Bloomberg is looking for an experienced HR partner to work with our business leaders and employees across our China business. You will use your HR background and expertise to proactively partner with the business and provide strategic and operational advice to our people to support business growth.
Your friends all know you as the problem solver- the person they go to when they need advice. You work well under pressure and you thrive in a team environment. Discretion is something which comes naturally to you, and you're able to find that perfect balance between professional and personable. You love dealing with people, and you're that person who knows what customer service really means.
We are the Human Resources department at Bloomberg, whose mission it is to drive business through our people. We are the vital consultants for employees and business leaders as they seek to maximize the success of our employees in the organization, have questions or concerns about HR-related programs, policies or procedures.
You will solve complex problems partnering with senior business leaders while being "hands on" on all other aspects of the role. From designing and delivering people strategies in support of Bloomberg’s strategic and operational plans, to providing assistance for the entire life-cycle events of our employees, including but not limited to on-boarding new candidates into the company, to coordinating global mobility and working closely with external vendors, our aim is simple- to provide a seamless, platinum level of support to our colleagues and businesses.
We'll need you to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the vision, purpose and strategy of the business and design and implement a relevant and commercial strategy. Build credibility by combining commercial and HR expertise to add value to the business.
- Execute on talent management and succession planning with senior leaders ensuring a longer term view on leadership development (with a lens on Diversity and Inclusion)
- Lead the implementation of change management strategies that support our ambition to be a high performing organization.
- Be able to influence key stakeholders and challenge them appropriately.
- Deal with complex questions and issues regarding all aspects of internal HR policies and procedures
- Handle complex employee relations issues from initiation through resolution whilst providing counselling and coaching to key stakeholders globally, regionally and locally
- Manage employee life-cycle events, such as on-boarding, off-boarding, absence management and global mobility
- Handle highly-sensitive and confidential information, and act with the utmost discretion
- Build lasting relationships and interact directly with various third-party vendors
- Continually look to identify areas for improvement in our HR processes, policies and procedures
- Become an expert in our HR systems and software, in order to act in a consultancy capacity with the business
What's in it for you?
- In-depth training in varied HR strategic practices, systems, policies and procedures
- Exposure to all business areas, and interaction with senior-level colleagues and candidates
- Potential for exciting and dynamic career progression
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of 6 years' experience in an HR role
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Business-level fluency in English plus the ability to read, speak and write Mandarin
- A highly professional manner, with the ability to interact with employees of all levels of experience and seniority, across the organization
- A pro-active, dynamic approach with the business, a sound commercial acumen, and proven track record operating as a HR Business Partner
- Proven ability to provide first-class customer service
- Able to work remotely with various teams across the region
- Good general knowledge of HR policies, processes and local employment law and regulations
- Experience working with local vendors and service providers
We'd love you to have:
- Experience working with Workday or similar HCM systems
- Experience with payroll related matters
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/about/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.