Localization Team Leader, Seoul
Posted May 5, 2022 - Requisition No. 103269
Bloomberg runs on data, and in Data we're responsible for on-boarding, analysing, applying and supplying it to our clients for their financial data needs. Across the Fundamentals and Earnings Estimates data teams, we move markets by providing our clients with sought-after reported-on and broker-estimated financials that are normalised across companies, key analytical ratios, and industry-specific data points. More than 320,000 business leaders rely on the real-time financial information available on the Bloomberg Professional Service. Our products run on intelligence and industry-specific insight provided by Data’s Company Financials team. Our team of Analysts influence investment decisions and move the markets every day, and we are growing.
The Localization Team is responsible for providing translations from English to 11 target languages. We work with stakeholders in Marketing, Sales, Engineering, News, Bloomberg Intelligence and Data. We not only deliver localized content to our stakeholders, but we also assist them in building workflows that make the management of language assets more efficient. We deliver content not only on the terminal but also on the website, pdf documents and multi-media formats including subtitling and voice-over for video content.
What’s the role?
The Global Data APAC Localization team is looking for a highly motivated and driven Team Leader to cover the translation, collaboration and data processes that cater to our Asian Language speaking clients - Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Korean or Japanese. You will be directly responsible for managing, motivating, and developing a team with strong subject matter expertise, technical skills and strategic development. You will also be working with our business partners across Bloomberg to develop new opportunities for collaboration.
We’ll trust you to:
- Hire, coach and develop analysts to establish a strong performing team
- Ensure consistency and quality while delivering excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- Participate in the development of our product vision, managing strategic initiatives to completion
- Identify and implement improvements to workflow and operational efficiencies
- Collaborate with Business Managers, Sales, and Engineering staff to support the development of our Localization product
You’ll need to have:
- Native level fluency in Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Korean or Japanese
- Business level fluency in English
- Exhibited leadership skills
- Strong knowledge of financial markets
- Proven ability to drive projects to completion
- Effective written, verbal and presentation skills
- Proven experience in building strong client relationships internally and externally
- Prior experience in mentorship and development of others
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and capable of handling multiple projects
- Ability to deliver clear and concise documentation that supports business requirements, use cases, and process improvement flow charts
- Drive to leverage experience and skills to improve processes
- Desire to build a team with diverse skill sets
- Skills that allow for the career pathing of analysts on the team
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to browse this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.