Market Specialist - Research, Shanghai
Posted Jul 13, 2023 - Requisition No. 117577
The Market Specialist team is the market, product and workflow experts at Bloomberg. We’re highly skilled on asset class knowledge, have a deep understanding of China financial market as well as Bloomberg's product offerings. We have a client facing role based in Beijing or Shanghai, collaborating closely with our sales and product team, to build and execute on strategies that drive sales revenue in the China market. On any given day you might be consulting with senior decision makers at client accounts, helping to close new sale opportunities, providing critical feedback to help craft the development of our future product, or else bringing key stakeholders together to execute on high impact opportunities.
What’s the role?
We’ll trust you to focus on:
Product & Market
- Understand our suite of products and how our clients use them, as well as our Product pipeline
- Build/maintain relationships with external key decision makers and senior financial professionals, coupled with a deep comprehension of the competitive landscape, market and industry trends, to understand how all this impacts both our products and client usage and influence the direction of our Products
- Identify both tactical and strategic high impact projects and bring external needs and internal resources together, building a roadmap that aligns with Product, Sales, and Organisational goals
- Formulating sales/product strategies based on current Bloomberg product, Bloomberg product outlook, market trend and client appetite.
- Executing Strategies through coordinating, prioritizing and working with product and sales teams. Being ultimately responsible for strategy success.
- Analyzing Strategies and communicate the analyze result to stakeholders in product and sales teams.
Sales & Revenue
- Focus on utilizing your network, product, market and workflow expertise to impact our Core and Enterprise Product revenue
- Direct client engagement to identify their needs and articulate our solutions to translate them into business opportunities for Enterprise Sales
- Develop and Implement new business initiatives and campaigns to drive commercial impact for the region
- Communicate your Product and Asset class strategy to Enterprise Sales
- Be a common thread between the Enterprise Sales, Enterprise Product and Software Engineering departments to implement and execute value-added solutions
- Participate actively in new projects that drive departmental and firm-wide initiatives and goals
- Be the face of Bloomberg by being involved in training, running campaigns, writing publications, and speaking at events
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in investment or research related jobs
- Extensive and strong relationships in mutual funds, insurance asset managers and other buy-side firms
- A collaborative and enthusiastic mindset, strong preference to non-hierarchical culture
- Willingness to travel
- Business proficiency in English and Mandarin
We'd love to see:
- Practical experience using the Bloomberg terminal, or similar product, and applicable asset class functionality
- strong presentation and communication skill
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this: www.bloombergchina.com
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for