Marketing Manager - China region, Shanghai
Posted Jun 20, 2023 - Requisition No. 117142
Bloomberg is a global leader in business and financial information, news and insight, and we use innovative technology to deliver trusted data and bring transparency to the financial markets. Our customers around the globe rely on us for the information and tools they need to make critical investment decisions and remain connected across all sides of the financial community. To ensure the best experience for our 20,000+ employees across 176 offices globally, we provide the spaces and systems that allow our teams to work together with agility, productivity and collaboration, no matter where they are.
The Bloomberg Financial Solutions department of 5,000+ employees is at the forefront of ensuring success for our customers and employees alike. Our team comprises several key pillars: sales, service, operations, culture and brand. As a department, we are united by a common goal: We create meaningful relationships with clients by understanding their needs and delivering outstanding end-to-end support from sales and implementation, through their ongoing relationship with Bloomberg.
The Bloomberg Central Marketing team is an industry leading and award winning in-house Marketing department at one of the most influential financial services and technology brands in the world. Our mission is to leverage our wealth of data to understand the markets and our target audiences and then deliver impactful creative and results focused programs that support the growth of our brand and align to the strategic priorities of the businesses.
With teams spread across every major Bloomberg office around the world, we have the breadth of resources and market knowledge to take on any objective as well as the Marketing expertise to intelligently address any challenge with a multi-channel, results oriented approach.
What’s the Role:
The Asia Pacific Financial Solutions Marketing team is looking for a highly motivated and experienced marketing manager for China. Based in Shanghai, the Marketing Manager will define, develop and execute marketing plans that support our business objectives and help lead all branding and marketing support initiatives in the region. That includes but is not limited to building awareness of our brand and the solutions we offer for the Financial Services industry, generating and nurturing leads for priority acquisition and expansion sales targets, and deepening existing client relationships to drive stronger brand loyalty and retention.
As a member of the China marketing team, this individual will work with business partners and internal marketing stakeholders, including our in-house creative agency and events teams to build strategic and effective programs and manage execution to the highest standards, as well as partnering closely with our internal communications and government relations teams in China to ensure that our external marketing and communications efforts are aligned and in tune with the priorities for the company.
We’ll trust you to:
- Collaborate to identify China business priorities (with local Sales and/or Product teams) and create results driven, multi-channel Marketing plans that support those priorities
- Manage the full Marketing cycle from strategic planning to execution leveraging all of our internal & external agencies and functional partners
- Be responsible for a number of marketing programs to support regional business objectives that build awareness, generate leads and nurture existing client relationships
- Be detail-oriented, self-organized, and proactive in coordinating and leading marketing activities from every angle to achieve maximum results for the region
- Become an advocate for the Bloomberg brand and ensure that all marketing activities are aligned and support the overall brand
- Ensure integration between all planned marketing activity, whether by an audience or product as well as alignment with the broader marketing team globally covering the same audiences in different regions
- Think strategically and execute tactically
- Adapt, learn quickly and be resourceful
- Be innovative and creative to bring new ideas to the team
- Actively lead and participate in global conference calls with both New York and London. Have flexibility to attend sporadic evening and morning calls.
You need to have:
- 6+ years of experience in an integrated B2B marketing role in a multinational organisations
- Understanding or experience working in the financial services markets in China
- The ability to successfully partner with sales, product managers and internal marketing teams
- Strong project management and problem solving skills with an ability to create marketing plans and manage through seamless execution
- Experience in executing and tracking integrated marketing programs that involve live/virtual events, website, content and social media marketing within the China environment
- Experience in working in a global marketing group and leading and coordinating the local function teams
- Entrepreneurial mind-set and an ability to adapt and learn a new market
- Fluency in English and Native Mandarin both read, write and spoken
- Flexibility to travel sporadically
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are. but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for