Production Support & Technical Relationship Representative - Buyside/Sellside - Enterprise Technology Services - Shanghai
Posted Mar 21, 2022 - Requisition No. 101661
Who we are:
Innovation in technology continues to increase at an unprecedented rate and no more so than in capital markets with the industry in the midst of a seismic transformation with technology at the heart of every business decision. As the dynamic continues to shift from the desktop to the enterprise, technology is enabling firms to significantly reduce their cost through workflow automation, artificial intelligence and machine to machine interaction.
Bloomberg remains at the forefront of this transformation by providing a unique value proposition by combining technology products developed specifically for capital markets with the industry leading expertise necessary for the future Bloomberg customer operating in capital markets.
Enterprise Technology are responsible for the design, delivery, and ongoing support for firms wishing to outsource their connectivity and integration to Bloomberg. We have successfully delivered both tactical and enterprise-wide solutions to both the buy and sell side firms and pride ourselves in our quality, rapid time to market, and ability to solve for the most comprehensive and challenging workflows.
What’s the role?
As a member of the Enterprise Technology Services group, you're vital in maintaining technological stability and mitigating financial risk for our clients across their Bloomberg solutions and workflows. Working as part of a global team of financial technology support specialists, you will be responsible for servicing the production needs of our customers. You’ll be strategically focused on the overall customer experience as well as developing a strong relationship with them, from handling production support issues through to proactive engagements with existing clients.
As you will be part of a client facing team in Asia, you will be supporting a variety of technologies and data specifications between Bloomberg and external systems including SWIFT, FIX, XML, MQ, and APIs. You should be able to demonstrate credibility with a proven knowledge of the Capital Markets technology industry and have a very good understanding of both buy and sell-side workflows including decision support, execution, position management, middle office, and settlements. You will work closely with our engineers, solutions architects, and product developers in uncovering opportunities, managing production releases, and positioning enhancements.
We’ll trust you to:
- Analyze and troubleshoot issues for our global client’s production environments. Examine their root cause and offer a solution in a timely manner, working directly with customers and internal stakeholders across functions
- Prevent production incidents and outages by partnering with Engineering and Product teams to design and implement future system and product changes
- Partner with Account Management in our buy side / sell side businesses to provide proactive engagements with our client base
- Ensure a smooth life cycle experience when clients move from project implementation to production support
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of work experience in financial services including knowledge of the trading life cycle
- Technology background with significant experience in some or all of the following: FIX, MQ, TCPIP, API
- Demonstrated experience in customer support including end-to-end troubleshooting in networks, connectivity, and messaging
- Solid understanding of incident management and change management processes, as well as the ability to solve problems
- Ability to communicate across multiple stakeholder groups with strong written and oral English and Mandarin skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, manage time, and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
We’d love to see:
- Experience in UNIX and Linux operating systems and support
- Experience with IT Service Management or client relationship management
- Experience with data transformation using XML/XSLTs
- Exposure to vendor cloud technology e.g. AWS, Azure
- Exposure to scripting languages e.g. Python
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and are inclusive of age, disability, colour, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion and belief, parental or caring status, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, sexual orientation, veteran status.
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.