Service Desk & Technical Relationship Representative - Connectivity & Integration Solutions, Shanghai
Posted Jan 30, 2018 - Requisition No. 64817
Financial firms rely on dozens of critical systems to develop and execute strategies, evaluate risk, track P&L, manage sales and trading, and handle settlement. The constant challenge is the complexity of integrating these systems so that data moves correctly across the enterprise, at higher speed and lower costs. Building solutions in-house can take a large team and a larger investment. Integrators and consultants may not understand a firm’s business model or data. That’s where we come in.
Here in the Connectivity and Integration Services (CIS) team, we help firms handle that complexity. Providing common tools, services and expertise, we enable firms to simplify technology relationships, which ultimately drives lower total cost of ownership, faster time to market and improved transparency. With our track record in delivering hosted solutions and our understanding of our customers’ needs, we believe we are uniquely positioned to help clients with this challenge.
What's the role?
The team is enjoying an exciting period of growth and we’re seeking a dynamic, confident Service Desk & Technical Relationship Representative to provide technical support to our clients post implementation. You’ll also be strategically owning the overall customer experience and deepening our relationship with them, from running service tickets through to dedicated engagements with existing clients.
As you will be part of a client facing team in Asia, you should be able to demonstrate credibility through your knowledge of Capital Markets technology in integration industry as well as being passionate about learning buy and sell-side workflows including decision support, execution, position management, middle office and settlements. You will also be supporting a variety of technologies and data specifications between Bloomberg and external systems including SWIFT, FIX, XML, MQ and Bloomberg APIs.
We’ll trust you to:
- Provide Client Production Support to customers in Asia with a focus on China
- Partner with Account Managers in our buy-side and sell-side businesses to engage our existing client base
- Ensure a smooth life cycle experience when clients move from project implementation to production support phase
- Understand key competitors or product alternatives and successfully assist the team in protecting against displacements
You'll need to have:
- Fluency in English and Mandarin
- Pre-sales experience or experience of interacting with clients in a support role
- Prior experience in system integration / connectivity projects
- Data Transformations using XML / XSLT’s
- Unix or Linux skills advantageous
- Data delivery via IBM MQ / Troubleshooting MQ’s
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.blpcareers.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.