Technical Support Engineer - Bloomberg On-Site Support - Shanghai
Posted Jan 4, 2022 - Requisition No. 99259
Our Bloomberg On-Site Support (BOS) teams work with urgency to provide 24/7 on-site technical solutions to Bloomberg’s internal and external customers in more than 75 countries. Our customers rely on our technology and the support that we provide to be able to do their jobs in a dynamic, highly-demanding, technology-focused environment. The team are all highly skilled specialists who are able to assist them with all Bloomberg hardware (PCs, biometric devices, routers), software and networking infrastructure. We are a one-stop shop of on-site support and do not leave until the job is done.
You operate as a Technical Account Manager when you are on-site and make valuable contributions to our customers because of your expertise within Bloomberg working closely with other Bloomberg Technical Operations teams. You pride yourself in offering top-notch customer solution focused service by being able to understand and pre-empt needs as well as deliver personal, on-the-ground value and assistance spotting gaps and implementing changes.
You are the calm voice and cool head in a fast-paced environment but you understand urgency, work hard, have commercial acumen and are customer service driven. Our customers internally and externally count on you daily. Our team is tight but our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge and support each other.
We'll trust you to:
- Maintain an outstanding level of customer service focus whilst dealing with customers (account management, license activation, software support)
- Provide exemplary on-site support to install or service critical servers, appliances and computers for external clients and internal data center
- Have the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment with strong attention to detail
- Flexibly support internal and external customer technical needs to resolution
- Troubleshoot technical issues (desktop, network connectivity, etc) both in the customer’s environment as well as remotely
- Deliver an extraordinary level of customer service under pressure, whilst maintaining focus on solving the issue
- Ensure all work is logged and updated using our proprietary ticketing system
You'll need to have:
- Proven excellence in customer service, communication and customer-facing, problem solving skills
- Demonstrated experience with IT Helpdesk/Desktop Support/Technical Support within an enterprise environment
- Experience in troubleshooting PC software/hardware(flat panels, PCs, docking stations, and cable management), Windows OS, and Networking devices
- Exposure to networking technology (Networking hardware, TCP/IP, LAN and WAN, router commands)
- Experience with mobile devices - Android/iOS
- Fluency in English and Mandarin (read/write/speak)
- Flexible coverage schedule to accommodate occasional evening, weekend work (time off in lieu)
We'd love to see:
- Knowledge on Virtualization / Cloud | RDP/Citrix
- Programming knowledge
If this sounds like you:
Apply and we'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are. To learn more, visit our career site http://www.techatbloomberg.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of thought and perspective in every form. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.