You're one of those people who have a passion for clean energy, and you want to be at the forefront of this exciting industry. You naturally form original opinions, and you have an exceptional ability to communicate these to your audience. Your quantitative skills are strong, and you love to deeply analyse complex subjects and build your own network in the industry. Teamwork is important to you, and you are excited by the prospect of working with colleagues and clients from a diverse range of backgrounds.
You will be based in our Shanghai office, working as part of our wind energy research team at Bloomberg New Energy Finance - the world's leading independent provider of analysis, tools, data and research to decision makers leading change in the energy system. With the unique depth and breadth of our comprehensive BNEF platform, we help clients stay on top of developments across the energy spectrum.
We'll trust you to:
- Become skilled on wind energy in China, with a focus on the supply chain, policy, economic analysis and market player strategies.
- Engage with clients and industry figures every day
- Maintain wind installation forecasts for the region and explain them to clients
- Write and publish reports in English about wind topics such as policy developments, important policy announcements and major trends.
What's the role:
- You will join as an intern in our global wind analysis team, working closely with our senior China analyst
- Together with the wind energy research team members, you will identify topics of interest to clients, conduct research, and produce written reports on the findings.
- Develop a network of contacts in the industry in order to check assumptions and get non-confidential data
- Clearly communicate your research to clients and prospects
- Gather and organise data on the wind industry
- Assist the BNEF China team on cross-sector projects as needed
- Collaborate with a high degree of professionalism, and with colleagues and clients from different cultures and countries
You'll need to have:
- Interest in and enthusiasm for the wind industry
- Ability to communicate to a high level in English and Chinese (both written and verbal)
- Graduate degree in a scientific, engineering, economics or humanities discipline.
- Ability to think critically and cut through the noise of data, extract and analyze key patterns, and to apply skepticism to the claims of industry participants and ask insightful questions
- Ability to form creative opinions, graphically present data and write clearly and concisely
We'd love to see:
- Experience of the wind industry, or closely related businesses and institutions
If this sounds like you;
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://about.newenergyfinance.com/about/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.