Shenzhen Bureau Chief
Posted Dec 12, 2019 - Requisition No. 80217
Witness, explore and explain China’s rise. We’re looking for an experienced self-starter to serve as our first bureau chief in the city of Shenzhen. Located just across the border from Hong Kong, this metropolis of 13 million sits at the heart of China’s transformation from the world’s factory floor to a hub for technological innovation. Help us tell that story by reporting, editing and collaborating across platforms and time zones.
We’ll trust you to:
- Thrive in a team environment
- Prioritize between competing responsibilities and deadlines
- Drive coverage by cultivating a deep understanding of far-ranging topics
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Three to five years of experience working in journalism
- Experience working in a real-time news environment
- Sharp news judgement
We’d love to see:
- Chinese-language skills are strongly preferred
- Experience covering the technology or finance sectors
- Experience overseeing news coverage
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.