You're the type of person who has a passion for taking raw numbers and turning them into actionable insights. Your friends all know you as someone with a true interest in technology, who likes nothing more than spotting a creative way to improve a process. You have a natural eye for detail, and an interest in the financial markets. You are independent and determined, but thrive as part of a team. You enjoy dealing with people, and you're that person who knows what customer service really means.
Bloomberg runs on data, and our Global Data department is responsible for acquiring it and supplying it to our clients. Our Market Data Analysts collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal- the data which ultimately moves the financial universe. They apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and they implement technology solutions to improve our systems, products and processes- and all this while providing platinum customer support to our customers.
We'll trust you to:
- Acquire, update, maintain and process financial data using various internal systems and proprietary company software
- Come up with innovative ways to enhance our systems and to make our data-related processes more efficient, accurate and timely
- Participate in time-sensitive projects, and collaborate with your global colleagues to deliver new initiatives
- Partner closely with internal departments such as Sales, Analytics, News and Engineering
- Provide a platinum level of service to Bloomberg customers
What's in it for you?
- Comprehensive 4-week training program giving you a thorough overview of financial concepts, various data sets, and of course our state-of-the-art Bloomberg terminal
- Gain in-depth, hands-on experience of one particular market sector (For example: Equities, Fixed Income, Economic Statistics etc.)
- Opportunity to gain exposure to and interact with key market players in business and finance
- Real potential for exciting and varied career-progression
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Programming-related knowledge and experience (VBA, SQL, Python, MATLAB, R)
- Excellent numerical and communication skills
- Business fluency in English
- A positive attitude with good inter-personal skills
- The ability to multi-task, prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong project management skills
We'd love you to have:
- Interest in, and knowledge or experience of the financial markets
- Prior experience of data research or process engineering- Fluency in an Asian language
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
Intakes: April and August 2017- you will have the option to specify your availability when you apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.