2019 Market Data Analyst – Singapore
Posted May 8, 2019 - Requisition No. 75012
You are the type of person who has a passion for taking raw numbers and turning them into actionable insights for the world's business and financial decision makers. Your friends all know you as the one who has a true interest in technology, and who likes nothing more than spotting a creative way to improve a process. You have a natural eye for detail, and an interest in the financial markets. You are independent and determined, but thrive as part of a team. You enjoy dealing with people, and you're that person who knows what customer service really means.
Bloomberg runs on data, and our Global Data department is responsible for acquiring it and supplying it to our clients. Our Market Data Analysts collect, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal—the data which ultimately moves the financial markets. They apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and they implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes—and all this while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
Our Data Analysts are primarily responsible for providing timely, accurate, and comprehensive data to our clients. They use their technical, business, and communication skills to improve products and processes in Global Data, which makes the role challenging and entrepreneurial. Junior Data Analysts will leverage their growing skills and experience over time to become Data Analysts that plays a key role innovation across our business and subsequently have the opportunity to become a Senior Data Analyst/ Data Scientist.
We’ll trust you to:
- Utilize a variety of software solutions to extract and rationalize data to Bloomberg taxonomies
- Perform quality control to ensure data accuracy by comparing Bloomberg data to source documentation
- Provide customer support for users of Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service, News, Enterprise Solutions by resolving inquiries in a timely manner
- Procure content to support best-in-class coverage of the data set
- Implement business rules for programmatic data validation by codifying market conventions and/or data relationships
- Contribute to continuous improvement by generating ideas to improve our data products and/or associated processes and building prototypes to validate and illustrate requirements
- Participate in ad hoc projects to optimize processes and/or improve the quality of the data set
- Utilize statistics and data visualization skills to report on results of on-going operations and projects, as required
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree, preferably with combined studies in Information Systems and Finance, or related business and STEM field
- Ability to recognize opportunities for process improvement, as well as devise and implement innovative solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic understanding of statistics and data modeling
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of demonstrated decision-making and problem solving skills
- Eagerness to learn and collaborate with others
- Customer focused mindset
- Ability to work under pressure and in a frequently changing environment
We’d love to see:
- Business fluency in English and one other Southeast Asian languages (e.g Thai, Bahasa Indonesian, Vietnamese)
- Exposure to Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service
- Passion for technology and finance
- Familiarity with software engineering best practices
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau or QlikSense
- Openness to change and willingness to work through challenges
- A presence in virtual development communities such as GitHub, Stack Overflow and HackerRank
- Familiarity with statistical and machine learning methods
- Desire to innovate and lead change
If this sounds like you:
?Apply! If we think you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.