2022 Equity Data Specialist Early Professional Program (January Class) - Singapore
Posted Nov 16, 2021 - Requisition No. 97656
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Global Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
More than 330,000 business leaders rely on the real time financial information available on the Bloomberg Professional Service. Our products run on intelligence and industry-specific insight provided by Global Data’s Company Financials team. Our team of Analysts influence investment decisions and move the markets every day, and we are growing. That’s where you come in.
As an Equity Data Specialist on our Company Financials team, you will leverage your financial knowledge and analytical thinking to derive meaningful insights for our customers.
You will play a critical role in processing and analysing data, handling workflow processes to solve client problems, and providing superior customer service. This may include monitoring industry events and executing upon a variety of projects aimed at improving the timeliness, accuracy, and quality of our data. Data Specialists also provide support for internal and external clients that consume the data so you will be required to collaborate with multiple teams across the firm, making the role diverse and providing an opportunity for continuous learning.
We’ll trust you to:
- Acquire, update and maintain high-quality financial data using various internal systems and proprietary company software
- Monitor and interpret major company developments and identify themes or trends affecting key market sectors
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders throughout Bloomberg as well as external clients
- Work with other data and core business groups, such as Product, Sales, News and Engineering to help develop and enhance product databases and functionality
- Assist our world-renowned client support help desk with escalated client inquiries
- Work on complex data projects related to financial data sets, such as Equity Fundamentals and Estimates
- Develop subject matter expertise and derive powerful intelligence – founding the backbone of our Research and Equity functionality
- Analyse internal processes to identify opportunities for improvement, as well as devise and implement innovative solutions
This is an entry level role, You’ll need to have:
- The ability to start with us in January 2022
- Up to 5 years work experience
- Experience in a client facing/stakeholder management role
- Demonstrated experience interpreting financial statements; understanding of finance and accounting principles and procedures
- A demonstrated capability in data management, data processing, data analysis, and associated tools & technologies
- Eagerness to learn and collaborate with teams across regions and products
- Solid attention to detail and experience in problem solving
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly
- Resilience to learn and adapt quickly in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and articulate thought process clearly
- Business proficiency and fluency in English
We’d love to see:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a STEM degree with a passion for financial markets
- Ability to remain calm under pressure in a frequently changing environment
- Strong passion for data, technology and finance
- Project management skills and/or experience
- Previous work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal, or Bloomberg Market Concepts (BMC) certification
- Demonstrated project or work experience using one more programming language such as Python, SQL and R
Does this sound like you?
This is an entry level role. Apply if you think we're a good match. Please note this is a two stage application process, following the submission of your candidate details you will receive an email with directions to complete an online assessment. Your application will not be complete until you have submitted the assessment.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and are inclusive of age, disability, colour, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion and belief, parental or caring status, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, sexual orientation, veteran status.
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.