2022 Market Data Analyst Graduate Program - Singapore
Posted Jun 16, 2022 - Requisition No. 93542
Bloomberg runs on data, and data drives the market. Our Global Data team acquires and supplies this data to our clients. Teams work collaboratively to collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal - the data ultimately feeding and moving the financial markets.
In Global Data, you will apply your problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, implement technical solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes, establish links with key players in the financial market by providing exceptional client support, and manage the financial data that feeds the Bloomberg Terminal.
As a Data Analyst, you have the opportunity to develop subject matter expertise on a specific product while utilizing your technical abilities to improve data management processes.
Analysts have a platform to move from one product to the other, every few years, based on their interests throughout their career in Global Data. There is growth potential within the department to take on more senior data analyst, data scientist or leadership roles.
Data Analysts possess a unique combination of technical skills and business insight, as well as strong communication and ability to build relationships. They use these skills to extract, transform and load timely, accurate and comprehensive data accessible to our clients across various Bloomberg platforms. They play a key role in evolving our products and processes, which makes the role challenging and entrepreneurial. Assisting our clients with their data queries is also key to the role.
We’ll trust you to:
- Utilise a variety of software solutions to extract and rationalise data to Bloomberg taxonomies
- Provide in-depth customer support to users of Bloomberg products by resolving inquiries in a timely manner
- Implement business rules for programmatic data validation by codifying market conventions and/or data relationships
- Design and manage workflow configurations for critical functions such as acquisition, worklist management, and quality control·
- Build subject matter expertise and technical skills to generate premium content, including data-driven news stories
- Analyse internal processes to identify opportunities for improvement, as well as devise and implement innovative solutions
- Lead ad hoc projects to optimize processes and/or improve the quality of the data set
- Utilise statistics and data visualization skills to report on results of on-going operations and projects, as required
- Partner with a wide variety of stakeholders from Engineering to Sales on product development
This is an entry level role where you’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree (or above) preferably with combined studies in Information Systems and Finance, or related business and STEM fields or relevant experience in Finance & Technology, and the ability to join a training class in 2022 (Candidates graduating between June 2021 to September 2022)
- A demonstrated interest in financial markets and technology along with the aspiration to work in the financial/fintech services industry (example: course of degree or work/internship experience or extracurricular activities)
- Proficiency in Python, SQL or R, demonstrated through school projects or work experience
- Understanding and experience of Statistics, or Data Modelling, or Data Analysis
- Stakeholder management exposure through school or work/internship
- Eagerness to learn and collaborate with teams across regions and products
- Solid attention to detail and experience in problem solving through school/work/internship
- Ability to think creatively and provide solutions which improves process efficiency
- Resilience to learn and adapt quickly in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and articulate thought process clearly
- Business proficiency and fluency in English
We’d love to see:
- Exposure to Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service
- Established presence in virtual development communities such as GitHub, Stack Overflow and HackerRank
- Familiarity with Data Science and/or Machine Learning
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau or QlikSense
This is a future opportunity in our 2022 graduate hiring program.
Does this sound like you?
This is an entry level role. Apply if you think we're a good match. Please note this is a two stage application process, following the submission of your candidate details you will receive an email with directions to complete an online assessment. Your application will not be complete until you have submitted the assessment.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and are inclusive of age, disability, colour, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion and belief, parental or caring status, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, sexual orientation, veteran status.
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.