2022 Singapore News Summer Internship for Full-time Rotator Program (Mandarin Speaker)
Posted Oct 27, 2021 - Requisition No. 96883
Bloomberg News is one of the world's leading financial news organizations, delivering fast and accurate information on multiple platforms to the people with the most at stake.
If it impacts markets, we'll be there -- breaking news on companies, economies, commodities and government policy to help our ever-expanding audience stay ahead.
We need a constant flow of ideas, energy and innovation -- which is where you come in. We’re looking for interns who are passionate about telling stories and will seize the opportunity to learn from our award-winning journalists. You’ll gain hands on reporting experience, conduct exclusive interviews, dig into data and collaborate with colleagues in our bureaus across the world.
We operate as one newsroom – a collaborative and diverse environment where print, digital and broadcast come together to produce the most accurate content for our readers.
Completing our 2022 Summer Internship program (10 weeks from June 2022) is an integral and important part of the assessment process to be hired as a Full-time journalist in our News Rotator program.
This is an entry level role where?you'll need:
- Has the working rights for the full duration of the summer internship, and able to start as a full-time news rotator within 6 months of the internship end date
- A demonstrated interest in news and/or global financial markets, companies and economies through work experience or extracurricular activities
- Prior experience or demonstrated interest in journalism (example: through academic course or work/internship experience or extracurricular activities)
- Strong curiosity, a keen interest to learn about the world and uncover surprises
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and articulate thought process clearly
- Business proficiency and fluency in English
- Business proficiency and fluency in Mandarin to assist with coverage of markets, companies and economies across the region from our hub in Singapore
What you’ll need to apply:
- Cover Letter
- Preferably three samples of journalistic work on any platform
Deadline to Apply: Please submit your application by Sunday, 28th November 2021
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and are inclusive of age, disability, colour, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion and belief, parental or caring status, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, sexual orientation, veteran status.
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more, visit our YouTube channel "Inside Bloomberg"