2023 Singapore News Summer Internship for Full-time Rotator Program
Posted Oct 18, 2022 - Requisition No. 110349
Bloomberg News is one of the world's leading financial news organizations, delivering fast and accurate information on multiple platforms to the people with the most at stake.
If it impacts markets, we'll be there -- breaking news on companies, economies, commodities and government policy to help our ever-expanding audience stay ahead.
We need a constant flow of ideas, energy and innovation -- which is where you come in. We’re looking for interns who are passionate about telling stories and will seize the opportunity to learn from our award-winning journalists. You’ll gain hands on reporting experience, conduct exclusive interviews, dig into data and collaborate with colleagues in our bureaus across the world.
We operate as one newsroom – a collaborative and diverse environment where print, digital and broadcast come together to produce the most accurate content for our readers.
Completing our 2023 Summer Internship program (10 weeks from end of May 2023) is an integral and important part of the assessment process to be hired as a Full-time journalist in our News Rotator program.
During the 10-week paid internship in our Singapore office, you’ll gain hands on reporting experience, conduct exclusive interviews, dig into data and collaborate with colleagues in our bureaus across the world.
This is an entry level role where you'll need:
- Working rights for the full duration of the summer internship, and the ability to start as a full-time news rotator within 6 months of the internship end date
- A demonstrated interest in journalism and/or global financial markets, companies and economies (for example through your academic course, prior work or intern experience or extracurricular activities)
- Strong curiosity, a keen interest to learn about the world and uncover surprises
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and articulate thought process clearly
- Business proficiency and fluency in English
We'll love to see:
- Business proficiency and fluency in Mandarin, Thai, Bahasa Indonesia, Tagalog, Vietnamese or Malay to assist with coverage of markets, companies and economies across the region from our hub in Singapore
What you’ll need to apply:
- Cover Letter
- Preferably three samples of journalistic work on any platform
Deadline to Apply:
Please submit your application by Friday, 25th November 2022
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.