2024 Analytics & Sales Internship for 2025 Analytics & Sales Graduate Programme
Posted Nov 14, 2023 - Requisition No. 121585
The Analytics and Sales program is a unique opportunity to develop a comprehensive understanding of our Bloomberg products and clients in the wider context of the financial markets. Following our comprehensive training program, you will apply your knowledge by assisting our clients in the Analytics department.
In our Analytics business, we provide 24/7 support for Bloomberg Professional Service users all over the world and across multiple industries. Reaching us via our Helpdesk using the 'Instant Bloomberg' chat system, clients access unparalleled customer service where we answer their questions and help them maximize the value of Bloomberg's products. On any given day we respond to over 12,000 queries in more than 15 languages. From educating a portfolio manager on Bloomberg’s risk management solutions to helping a trader use our functionality to discover new sources of market liquidity – the variety of problems we solve is immense.
Bloomberg is constantly innovating, and Analytics plays a key role in ensuring clients are educated on new products and enhancements by proactively working closely to upskill them through technology and delivering on-site training and seminars. We also work in conjunction with Sales to deliver strategic initiatives, supporting product roll-out and onboarding clients. We want to ensure our clients are making the most of our service and using tools and features that allow them to work smarter.
As you deepen your knowledge, you will have the opportunity to enter our sales department. In Sales, we are the face of Bloomberg for our clients. Consultative and entrepreneurial, we manage client relationships, whilst striving to continually grow our revenue by identifying new business opportunities. We spend our time with our clients, understanding their business goals and outpacing their expectations. Guided by curiosity and purpose, we work to understand their workflows and present them with the most appropriate solutions across our range of enterprise offerings.
Completing our 2024 Summer Internship program (10 weeks between May to July 2024) is an integral and important part of the assessment process for our 2025 Graduate Program.
The summer internship program consists of:
- A week of classroom based financial product and functionality training, to broaden your knowledge of the global financial markets and our market leading Bloomberg solutions. After your training, you'll join a team where you'll immediately begin collaborating with interns on Analytics and Sales projects
- You'll have the opportunity to interact with clients, making valuable contributions by taking part in sales campaigns, promoting product features and prospecting for new business. Hands-on individual and group projects will allow you to experience how your full-time career could evolve
- To round out your experience, you'll attend lunch and learn sessions, designed to teach you about our diversified group, and there will be plenty of opportunities to meet Bloomberg leaders at a variety of networking events. Of course, we also want to give you the chance to get to know your peers, so you'll also take part in volunteering activities and social events with interns from other departments
- The role is primarily intended to support our business in South East Asia and the successful candidate shall ideally be based in our Singapore office
This is an entry level role where you'll need:
- To be in your penultimate year and currently pursuing a degree qualification, and will be available to start your full-time employment with us in 2025
- You will need to be available for the full duration for our 10-week summer internship from May to July 2024
- Up to 5 years of work experience
- Demonstrated interest or experience in the financial markets and the aspiration to work in the financial services industry
- Experience engaging with stakeholders or clients through previous work/internship experience, academic courses, or extracurricular activities
- Ability to multitask and resolve client inquiries while also proactively identifying sustainable workflow solutions for our clients
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- The ability to communicate effectively and articulate thought process clearly
- The desire to learn and adapt quickly in a dynamic training and client facing environment
- Ambition to pursue a client-facing career, with a strong interest in relationship management and sales
- The ability to demonstrate resilience and agility in a fast-paced environment
- Business proficiency and fluency in English (both written and verbal)
- Interest in innovative and emerging technologies or an interest in how technology can enhance workflows and efficiencies
- Beginner to intermediate experience with excel and/or VBA
We’d love to see:
This is a future opportunity for our 2025 graduate hiring program with a 2024 summer internship opportunity. We are hiring on a rolling basis.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at his: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/
Please note this is a two stage application process, following the submission of your candidate details you will receive an email with directions to complete an online assessment. Your application will not be complete until you have submitted the assessment.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.