2024 BloombergNEF Summer Internship for Full-time Graduate Program, Singapore
Posted Jan 26, 2024 - Requisition No. 122852
You will be based in our Singapore office as part of the Asia Pacific research team, for BloombergNEF - the world's leading independent provider of analysis, tools, data and research to decision makers leading the future of energy. Our team of experts, spread across six continents, provides independent analysis and insight, working with the largest corporations across utilities and generation, oil & gas, equipment manufacturers, banking and finance, and government.
Available online, on mobile and on the Terminal, BNEF is powered by Bloomberg’s global network of over 21,000 employees in 159 locations, reporting 5,000 news stories a day. Visit https://about.bnef.com/ or request more information via https://about.bnef.com/contact/.
For the summer internship program:
We are seeking a talented, highly-motivated intern to join our research team in Singapore for a 10 weeks summer internship, starting May 2024. The successful candidate will undertake research and analysis relating to the transition towards a low-carbon economy, working alongside our specialists in energy, commodities, transport and industry.
- Conduct research on topics such as power markets, renewable energy, electric vehicles, energy storage and hydrogen
- Perform a variety of analyses such as market sizing, policy/regulatory research and forecasting
- Speak with industry figures and BloombergNEF clients to gather information and opinions
- Publish written research on topics covered
Completing our 2024 Summer Internship program is an integral part of the assessment for the Full-time Graduate Program.
This is an entry level role where you’ll need:
- To be in your penultimate year and currently pursuing a bachelor's degree (or above), graduating between November 2024 to August 2025, and available to start your full-time employment with us in 2025
- Available for a 10-week summer internship from May to July 2024
- Up to 5 years of work experience
- A demonstrable interest and enthusiasm for energy, commodities or low-carbon industries through academic course or work/internship experience or extracurricular activities
- An experience in market research and ability to derive information from public sources, such as through in-person/telephone interviews
- Understanding and experience in quantitative problem solving or analysis
- Business proficiency and fluency in English
- Working knowledge of Excel and other MS Office applications
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and articulate thought process clearly
We’d love to see:
- An understanding of policy, transport and/or environmental markets
- Experience using Python
- Business proficiency and fluency in other ASEAN Language such as Bahasa Indonesia, Thai, Vietnamese, Bahasa Melayu to support respective research and client enquiries.
This is a future opportunity for our 2025 graduate hiring program with a 2024 summer internship opportunity.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.