2024 Customer Support Internship for 2025 Customer Support Representative Graduate Program (Mandarin Speaker)
Posted Sep 27, 2023 - Requisition No. 120293
Bloomberg ignites the power of information and technology to bring clarity to a sophisticated world. A global financial information and news leader that provides influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company delivers data, news and analytics through innovative technology and provides real time financial information to more than 325,000 subscribers globally.
In a career at Bloomberg, you will play a vital role in making it all happen. You will be joining a team of solution-finders, with a real passion for providing superb customer service in a fast-paced environment. Exciting. Surprising. Purposeful. Life at Bloomberg is many things, but it is never dull. We are a truly global business with a truly diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive and collaborative — and in providing a work environment that encourages our employees to be their best.
What’s The Role?
Are you passionate about working in financial markets and by the prospect of providing technical support for the world's leading financial professionals? If so, join the Bloomberg Customer Support internship, which is a key part of our Technology Services & Solutions business.
As a future intern you have two critical focus areas: to provide exceptional customer service to a broad range of clients, and ensure the fast and effective management of various client workflows and hardware/software issues. You will provide login support and connect our clients to the various Bloomberg products and platforms they subscribe to. You will work alongside our 500 strong international team, supporting our clients collectively in more than 18 languages.
Specific tasks can include; providing outstanding customer service to our clients via the internal ticketing system, phone call, e-mail or live chat. Identifying, investigating, and resolving customer issues using proprietary company software. Collaborating with your team on various department and global projects, analyzing sophisticated processes, and thinking of creative solutions.
Who you are:
You come to work with a purpose, understand what urgency means to a trader, are curious and take pride in being customer service driven. You love being part of a team where clients count on you every day, and you challenge and support your colleagues to innovate, learn and deliver the best service possible.
The summer internship program consists of:
This is an exciting internship for students seeking a unique experience. We will make sure that you are ready to provide exceptional customer service through our training program. You will also receive an introduction to Bloomberg products and services, our clients, a broader insight into global financial markets, general daily inquiries, product setup and hardware, and troubleshooting.
We will help you expand your skills and opportunities in this role through project involvements. Our Interns are involved in mentoring, quality control and idea generation. Successful interns will have the opportunity to be offered a permanent full-time role in Bloomberg Customer Support at the end of the Internship.
Completing our 2024 Summer Internship program (10 weeks between May to July 2024) is an integral and important part of assessment process for 2025 Graduate Program.
This is an entry level role, where you'll need to have:
- To be a current penultimate year student studying a Bachelor’s degree (or above), graduating between November 2024 to August 2025
- Available for a 10 weeks summer internship from May to July 2024
- Up to 3 years of full-time work experience
- Business proficiency and fluency in English and Mandarin to manage respective clients
- Exposure in customer support/managing stakeholders from various profile through school, work, internship or extracurricular activities
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service to clients through live, interactive media (e.g. phone, messaging, etc.)
- Ability to communicate effectively and articulate thought process clearly
- A demonstrable interest in financial markets or technology and the aspiration to work in the financial/fintech services industry (example: course of degree or work/internship experience or extracurricular activities)
- Ability to identify, research, and resolve customer technology, software and hardware issues
- Willingness to learn new technologies and ability to retain information
- Multi-tasking and problem solving skills as well as an ability to work independently as a part of larger global team
We'd love to see:
- Ability to work independently and as part of a larger global team
- Awareness of data management, privacy and information security
- Occasionally work weekends or on a bank holiday (weekday off in lieu) This is a future opportunity in our 2025 graduate hiring program with a 2024 summer internship opportunity.
You'll need to be able to:
If this sounds like you:
Apply! We will get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Please note this is a two stage application process. Following the submission of your main application, you will receive an email with directions to complete an online assessment. Completing this assessment is a necessary step to be considered for the role.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and are inclusive of age, disability, colour, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion and belief, parental or caring status, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, sexual orientation, veteran status.
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.