APAC Electronic Trading Business Manager, Singapore
Posted Mar 16, 2022 - Requisition No. 101498
The BLOOMBERG PROFESSIONAL service provides real-time and historical pricing, indicative data, reporting, research, estimates, analytics, portfolio management tools, electronic trading and order management systems, multimedia events, and electronic communications in a single integrated solution. Market participants use the BLOOMBERG PROFESSIONAL service every day to help them make informed business decisions and to negotiate transactions. There are over 333,000 subscribers to the BLOOMBERG PROFESSIONAL service around the world.
Bloomberg Electronic Trading Services (ETS) extend the offerings of the BLOOMBERG PROFESSIONAL service by providing a full suite of Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange, and Equity solutions in more than 140 countries and are supported with Enterprise solutions to provide end-to-end workflows. This way, clients can stage, monitor, trade, allocate and perform Trade Cost Analysis on their trades directly from the Bloomberg Terminal for each asset class, whilst seamlessly interacting with our buy-side and sell-side Order Management Systems AIM and TOMS.
We're looking for a Business Manager in Singapore to drive our electronic trading franchise in APAC. You bring a deep body of knowledge and experience in the Fixed Income and/or Foreign Exchange markets at either a bank or an electronic trading vendor as well as a strong understanding of financial markets, trading processes, the competitive landscape, and regulatory requirements. This position carries a high level of visibility and responsibility, hence you're a self-driven professional with proven product management experience, who can provide solutions to help manage our existing client business as well as expand on our current offerings.
We’ll trust you to:
- Advocate local opportunities that help to develop Bloomberg's compelling/winning electronic trading strategy in APAC by bringing visionary ideas and deep market insight to the table
- Clearly articulate the strategy in business plans, senior management presentations, formal and informal communications to get the buy-in of your stakeholders
- Work closely with existing and prospective clients, and Bloomberg’s sales-force to understand customer needs and identify and prioritise emerging marketplace trends
- Manage the flow of in-bound product development requests, using excellent judgement to set clear and effective priorities for work to be done, and manage expectations with clients and sales on timelines
- Work closely with marketing and sales on the rollout of new products, enhancements and implementing overall ETS strategy to further our franchise
- Represent Bloomberg’s interests at high-level meetings with clients and regulators
You’ll need to have:
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a Product Manager, Product Development, or Business Manager role within a financial institution or electronic trading vendor
- Minimum 7 years of experience working in Fixed Income and/or Foreign Exchange markets at either a bank or an electronic trading vendor
- Experience dealing with key regulators in APAC such as the HKMA, MAS, ASIC, and a thorough understanding of the global regulatory landscape
- Proven track record in working effectively with other internal stakeholders such as APAC/global product managers and sales to build and deliver a world-class electronic trading product to customers
- Ability to rapidly assimilate detailed knowledge of, and develop a strategy around a wide range of electronic trading solutions from APAC and global perspective
- Understanding of a client’s trading workflow including strategy management, compliance, financing, trade settlement, portfolio analysis, order management, reporting, and regulatory obligations
- Willingness to interact across time-zones to communicate with teams in APAC, London and New York
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills, with the ability to analyze complex information
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
- Willingness to travel across the region
- Strong English communication and presentation skills, with the ability to influence and motivate others
Does this sound like you?
Apply via our careers website! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and are inclusive of age, disability, colour, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion and belief, parental or caring status, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, sexual orientation, veteran status.
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.