Asia Technology Columnist - Singapore
Posted Sep 26, 2023 - Requisition No. 120258
Bloomberg News is the biggest financial and business news organization in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through to in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
Bloomberg Opinion is looking for a dedicated writer ready to cover the technology industry with insight, flair and authority. We are seeking an independent and quick-thinking columnist who will play a leading role shaping our global audience's understanding of the biggest trends, most important companies and most influential leaders in Asia tech. Coverage would include innovation, corporate strategy and performance, policy battles, privacy issues, the battle of the Chinese tech giants, workplace equity and diversity, national security and the myriad ways' technology is reshaping society. You would be deeply interested in the culture, creativity, challenges and finances of the tech world. This is also an opportunity for an imaginative columnist to help us craft the contours of their dream job, and the interview process will be geared toward deciding what, exactly, that is.
We’ll trust you to:
- Write insightful Opinion pieces with an authoritative and engaging voice, including commentary on breaking news as well as deeper dives into specific issues
- Use data, when appropriate, to illustrate important trends
- Speculate about future developments, including unfolding trends involving innovation, strategy, privacy, power, diversity, security and policy
- Cut through the noise to focus in on the most important news
- Generate analysis that covers both fast-paced developments in short format and long-term trends and insights
You'll need to have:
- At least 7 recent years of experience in financial journalism
- At least 5 years of experience covering technology as a reporter
- Experience covering regional APAC stories as a reporter
- Ability to elevate already strong writing
- Fluency in both spoken and written English
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree or degree-equivalent qualifications
- Abundant perspective, opinions grounded in facts, a willingness to take a stand and the desire to make every column a must-read for a discerning audience.
Life at Bloomberg is many things, but it’s never dull. We’re a truly global business with a truly diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive and collaborative, and provide a work environment that inspires our employees to be their best. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare coverage, and programs to support you and your family through different life stages, from parental leave to generous retirement savings plans.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Learn more about our office and benefits:
Singapore | www.bloomberg.com/singapore
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for