Asia Thematic Research Strategist - Singapore
Posted Jan 30, 2024 - Requisition No. 122898
Bloomberg Intelligence provides comprehensive views on markets, themes, sectors, industries and companies, and combined with the power of the Bloomberg Professional® service, offers our customers outstanding depth and breadth of analysis. Bloomberg Intelligence (BI) also offers valuable written analysis, data, and interactive charting and functions from a team of independent experts, giving investment and corporate professionals deep insights. Research that generates creative investment ideas and simplifies strategic and financing decisions - that's intelligence our clients can count on.
We are currently hiring for an Asia Thematic Research Strategist to be based in our Singapore office. A thematic strategist is expected to form strong perspectives on sometimes nascent and constantly evolving topics and to collaborate extensively with BI and BloombergNEF industry, region, legal, credit and quant analysts around the world. You will also work closely with outstanding data scientists, engineers, BI marketing, Bloomberg Index and Core Product to create new relevant datasets, challenge traditional ways of doing and delivering research, and expand the reach of the BI thematic strategy product. The role requires frequent publishing of data-driven perspectives, development of analytical models, and quickly establishing yourself as an inspiring leader in thematic investing. You will create and maintain theme universes using BI’s proprietary theme construction methodology. At BI, we do not make recommendations or estimates but will provide the data and insights necessary to make market assessments.
We'll trust you to:
- Develop a combination of repeatable flagship content and ad-hoc research covering the thematic investing landscape and specific accelerating technology themes looking at trends/developments in both the public and private markets
- Serve as a key partner to Bloomberg product and index teams on all themes under coverage
- Support the development of junior team members
- Expand discoverability of the BI thematic strategy offering with the development of new data series and tools that support cross-theme research and analysis
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or degree-equivalent qualifications in finance or related field
- At least 10 years' research experience in a major sell-side or economic research firm
- Experience in macro analysis covering multiple sectors, or themes including but not limited to technology, consumerism, energy transition
- Experience in delivering views to external clients through different channels including but not limited to client meetings, conferences, seminars, media
- Direct experience building a differentiated franchise or research product to serve diverse client base
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills with a strong media presence.
- A collaborative attitude, ability to effectively multi-task and strong organization skills
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organization
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
We'd love to see:
- Previous experience with the Bloomberg Terminal
- Familiarity with equity market indices and econometric data sets
- A positive relationship network among market participants on the mainland - long only, hedge funds, asset owners, sell side
- Programming experience in languages such as Python, MATLAB or R. Python
Life at Bloomberg is many things, but it’s never dull. We’re a truly global business with a truly diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive and collaborative, and provide a work environment that inspires our employees to be their best. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare coverage, and programs to support you and your family through different life stages, from parental leave to generous retirement savings plans.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Learn more about our office and benefits:
Singapore | www.bloomberg.com/singapore
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.