Bloomberg Client Services Team Leader – Research Content - Singapore
Posted May 26, 2022 - Requisition No. 103952
At Bloomberg, our products are fuelled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news, and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
In our Data business, we're responsible for supplying the data. Our content acquisition and business management team (CABM) is all about capturing and integrating data to provide our customers with the information they need. The department is comprised of several teams including pricing, research, exchanges, client service, and contract team. We onboard an incredible amount of content so imperative that it is discoverable, compliant, efficient, and compliments other Bloomberg products.
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join our team as a Team Leader responsible for a team of Technical Account Managers based in Asia. The team plays a vital role in supporting new and existing content partners. You and the team will be handling incoming queries and technical issues, as well as proactively working with our content partners to ensure their Research content is delivered in an accurate, timely and effective manner. To do this, you will need to build strong and lasting relationships with these institutions, have a deep understanding of the technology they use, their goals and challenges and offer outstanding support to them.
As the leader of the team you will work closely with other businesses to set company strategy around contributed content and ensure the team’s account strategy is aligned with it.
We'll trust you to:
- Be responsible for the end-to-end leadership of a team of high-performing Technical Account Managers across multiple offices in Asia, including motivating and developing the team, both remotely and in-person to achieve clearly defined goals
- Oversee the daily operation of your team to support the Research content from our content partners to ensure the operational excellence, consistency, quality and timely delivery of the dataset
- Use your expertise and experience to create processes, procedures and strategies to ensure best in class service for our content partners and consumers in APAC
- Partner with our Relationship Management teams to help prioritise and deliver technical implementations in the region
- Help guide the team to identify opportunities within their accounts to improve our relationships with our content partners
- Act as an advocate for diversity and inclusion through the understanding of Bloomberg's value, truly understanding its importance to our business to achieve
You'll need to have:
- 1-4 years of direct or indirect leadership experience (for example leading projects, mentoring people, etc.)
- Minimum 3+ years of Technical Account Management or Technical Project Management experience in the financial market, ideally from banks, exchanges or financial technology companies
- Demonstrated experience in data analytics/business intelligence applications (such as QlikSense or Tableau) and programming languages (such as SQL, Python, VBA)
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organization
- Demonstrated experience in explaining complex concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to discuss deep technical concepts and find technical solutions, evaluate trade-offs and devise innovative solutions with the content partners and customers to handle technical queries, improve and deliver quality real-time data
- Experience in setting measurable goals for your team that align with the broader vision of CABM
- Strong project management, writing, presentation & organizational skills
- Shown ability to establish strong credibility to build influential relationships with multiple external internal and external clients and stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, allowing you to accurately communicate business needs and requirements and to advocate on behalf of your team
We’d love to see:
- Prior experience in acquiring or using Equity Research content
- Knowledge of RIXML
- Strong desire to learn about Bloomberg’s markets and customer needs
- Interest in or experience using data analytical tools to find opportunities for product and content improvements
- Prior experience working as an Account Manager or in Sales
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.