Bloomberg Data - APAC Analyst Recommendations Analyst, Singapore (6 Month Contract)
Posted Mar 13, 2023 - Requisition No. 114726
Bloomberg runs on data, and in the Data team we're responsible for acquiring it and providing it to our clients. We collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal - the facts and figures which ultimately move the financial markets. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes - and all this while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
You're on the pulse of market movements and live for the details beyond the headlines. You love to build relationships and always look to provide excellent customer service. As a natural problem solver, you thrive on building innovative solutions to complex problems.
The project will involve working with Analyst Recommendations (ANR) team on processing and compiling broker recommendation data in order to provide data through varieties of sourcing files to internal and external Bloomberg Terminal uses to make financial decisions. The primary objective of hiring is to support Global ANR team providing ratings and target prices from market analysts to deliver qualitative and timeliness data-sets in the internal system.
Over the course of contract, you will be given multiple opportunities to work on a variety of tasks and projects, ensuring production deliverable, and quality reassurance to our clients over analyst recommendations and market consensus for companies. You will be expected to process broker recommendation from different source channels and working closely with our vendors to manage quality and escalations. You will gain knowledge of the quality procedures by handling multiple projects. You will also have the opportunity to showcase their skills and be considered for full-time employment.
We’ll trust you to:
- Source and validate raw data as well as doing data quality checks
- Analysing broker recommendation and identifying ratings and target prices
- Updating and processing data onto the database adhering to time sensitivity
- Maintaining and enhancing existing database
- Applying problem-solving skills to enhance processes and software
- Take ownership and be proactive with key areas of responsibilities
- Bachelor or/and Master degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Prior experience / strong knowledge and understanding of the financial markets
- Practical experience in interpreting financial statements and strong knowledge/understanding of finance and accounting
- Ability to think critically and demonstrate examples of improving or developing processes
- Strong organization skills with ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple projects simultaneously within tight deadlines in a fast pace changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills demonstrated in client facing environment
- Fluency in another language (particularly Cantonese and/or Mandarin) is a plus to support providing data to our Chinese-speaking clients.
You’ll need to have:
We’d love to see:
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
*Contract will be administered by third-party vendor as a dispatched worker arrangement with Bloomberg.