Bloomberg Data Management Services - Site Reliability Engineer, Singapore
Posted Mar 1, 2022 - Requisition No. 101027
Bloomberg Data Management Services (BDMS), delivers the world’s foremost Data Management Utility to Financial Markets. Our clients experience immediate improvement in Data Quality, Operational Process & Control, Reaction to Change and Data Governance when they on-board to our Private Cloud - Hosted Service.
Through thoughtful software engineering and collaboration with application engineers, members of the SRE team build solutions that automate and optimize the ability for BDMS to run reliably for our customers. Our SRE team makes an impact by improving the resiliency of our system by minimizing the time it takes to resolve issues via automation in deployments and incident response.
We’ll trust you to:
- Engineer a high-quality production platform and promotion pipeline that ensures capacity for our services
- Collaborate with application development teams to identify gaps and opportunities to resolve issues and improve reliability across a wide spectrum of products
- Improve the observability of the systems to help identify issues or bottlenecks and accomplish goals within an agile software development life cycle
- Reduce human toil through software solutions and removing/automating manual tasks, steps, and workflows
- Identify and evaluate new solutions that will augment with existing infrastructure, improve reliability and increase user experience
- Contribute to the work of the team, whether programming, peer reviewing or collaborating with the application engineering and product operations teams to find the very best solution to their problems
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of professional work experience in a software engineer or site reliability engineer role
- 3+ years of work experience with programming languages, including but not limited to Java, Python, C or C++
- 3+ years of experience working on large scale distributed systems
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills for daily interaction with engineering and operations stakeholders
- Exposure to all phases of the software development life-cycle
- The ability to identify opportunities for automation, and develop and test a solution
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
- Strong presentation and communication skills in English
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you are a good match, we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and are inclusive of age, disability, colour, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion and belief, parental or caring status, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, sexual orientation, veteran status.
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.