Bloomberg Data, Equity Corporate Actions Senior Data Analyst - Korean Speaker, Singapore
Posted Sep 16, 2022 - Requisition No. 108842
At Bloomberg, our products are fuelled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. Our Data department is responsible for delivering reported and derived data, news, and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
The team is responsible for acquiring and maintaining the full life-cycle of data relating to Equity Corporate Actions. We look beyond the headline or the numbers and live for the details and understand the importance of the underlying data that drives news, markets and analysis. We always relish the challenge of solving complex problems.
As a Senior Data Analysts you will play critical role in leveraging your technical and business analysis skills to work closely with Engineering, Data Management Lab and Product teams as well as senior management across multiple regions. This may include developing technology workflow with Bloomberg-proprietary technology stack and completing a variety of projects aimed at improving the timeliness, accuracy, and quality of our data. You will also provide support for internal and external clients that consume the data, requiring you to collaborate with multiple departments across the firm, making the role diverse and providing an opportunity for continuous learning.
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop and increase knowledge across Equities’ Corporate Actions
- Run operational activities, perform quality control and testing to ensure a timely updated, accurate and complete corporate actions database.
- Assist our world-renowned client support help desk with escalated client inquiries
- Find opportunities to improve efficiency of existing workflows and build automated solutions for data standardization, ETL pipelines, and human-in-the-loop data processing
- Collaborate with a wide variety of stakeholders from Engineering, Product to Data Management Lab on data workflows design, data modelling and data quality solutions
- Build, deploy and maintain microservices written in Python
- Support Sales and represent Bloomberg by visiting clients and/or engaging in industry events to promote our data products
You’ll need to have:
- Business proficiency or above in Korean language to manage existing and prospective Korean client relations
- 1-3 years of recent market data experience in the financial services industry, including exchanges, market data providers or financial institutions
- Demonstrated project or work experience with all of the following programming languages: Git, UNIX, Python and SQL
- Demonstrated experience using technology to innovate data products, optimise workflow and ETL processes
- Demonstrated experience in data, technology, and finance with the aspiration to work in the FinTech/data management industry
- Comfort with a high degree of autonomy, and shown ability in managing priorities from multiple internal and external partners
- Strong research and analysis skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skill
We'd love to see:
- Prior experience of corporate finance
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.