Bloomberg Data, Relationship Manager, Pricing Data Acquisition (ASEAN Emerging Market(s) coverage) - Singapore
Posted May 8, 2023 - Requisition No. 110326
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Global Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news, and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
The Content Acquisition & Business Management team (CABM) is an integral part of the Bloomberg Data department. We lead the governance, costs, and quality of the data we acquire, and we collaborate with the wider company to develop our data acquisition strategies ensuring we are aligning with the agendas of our key partners.
You will be responsible for acquiring and publishing all pricing data, spanning across over the counter (OTC) instruments, commodities, alternative assets and crypto-currencies which makes Bloomberg so powerful. You will manage relationships, acquire data and improve data quality from with our data contributors, including government agencies, regulators, central banks, industry associations, brokers, and key commercial banks whilst acquiring pricing content in Southeast Asia. You are also expected to establish relationships across different functions with the data contributors listed above - including Senior/Heads of departments spanning across Trading, Sales, Business Managers, E-commerce, Desk Support, and In-house Market Data Specialists.
Last but not least, you will work closely with Bloomberg Sales, Product & Content Specialist, Networks Specialist, Engineering and Data teams to ensure that the pricing is fast, reliable, and accessible across the Bloomberg platform and collaborate on go-to-market strategies, while always being on the look out for new opportunities to enrich our data content.
We'll trust you to:
- Build strong collaborative relationships with content partners in your assigned coverage within ASEAN Emerging Market(s)
- Proactively prospecting while also maintaining existing content partners relationships with key data contributors in order to identify and onboard strategic datasets to improve our data coverage, data quality and find growth opportunities - for example increasing market transparency for our clients through the data we acquire plus how to structure change initiatives such as LIBOR transition
- Become a true subject matter expert in OTC pricing by demonstrating your understanding of the data from your content partners, and by being a trusted adviser and responding to all internal and external queries relating to these datasets
- Ensure the quality of our data through proactively reviewing datasets from our content partners to ensure high quality pricing data is provided
- Work closely with internal Bloomberg stakeholders in our Global Data and Enterprise Sales department to better understand our clients' data needs or trends and identify any potential gaps to design and develop more robust data acquisition strategies
You'll need to have:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in sales and relationship management related positions of financial institutions
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing business development activities across market makers and market associations (such as bankers association, brokers association or other related associations in the field)
- Demonstrated experience in OTC products including any of the following: FX, Bonds or Derivatives
- Demonstrated experience building trust and influencing C level executives in order to develop long lasting business relationships and design effective product solutions, including but not limited to the improvement of data quality
- Comfort with a high degree of autonomy, and in managing priorities from multiple internal and external partners
- Demonstrated ability to build and execute plans under tight deadlines through partnership with other internal stakeholders
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organization
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Willingness to travel within the region
We'd love to see:
- An established network within ASEAN content partners including relationships with regulators, government agencies and state banks would be an advantage
- Demonstrated knowledge of market drivers for ASEAN especially linked to changes to market structure, benchmark reforms and regulations
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe that you're a good match, we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.