Bloomberg Data, Syndicated Loans Analyst - Korean speaker, Singapore
Posted Sep 6, 2022 - Requisition No. 108260
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. Our Data department is responsible for delivering reported and derived data, news, and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
The team is responsible for acquiring and maintaining the full life-cycle of data relating to all types of Syndicated Loans. We look beyond the headline or the numbers and live for the details and understand the importance of the underlying data that drives news, markets and analysis. We always relish the challenge of solving complex problems.
Bloomberg Data is looking for a highly motivated and driven individual to develop and expand the scope and reach of the Loans product. You will liaise directly with both buy and sell-side clients to deepen our understanding of client workflows. You will be in constant communication with Syndicate Desks and other market participants who are bringing new deals to market to ensure we have the most accurate and up to date information. Key focus will be on building and developing a strong relationship that helps us source crucial data, provide insights and support to our clients & identify and gaps and opportunities in the client offerings.
Whether you are sourcing relevant market data from existing providers or establishing brand new relationships, managing complex financial data or implementing technology solutions to enhance our processes and software, your work will ensure that we deliver accurate market data to the financial world, First!
We will trust you to:
- Develop, maintain & further relationships with key decision makers at buy and sell-side clients and to improve the coverage and reach of Bloomberg Syndicated Loans product
- Expand the depth of our knowledge of client workflows with existing Loans clients to ensure timely acquisition of new issue loan data from involved parties and/or third-party systems
- Maintain the existing proprietary database of Syndicated Loans
- Plan and host topical events to establish a Loans community and promote Bloomberg data
- Collaborate with the Fixed Income and wider Bloomberg Data teams and liaise closely with sales teams to effectively serve Bloomberg's client base
- Develop workflow processes, support product development and work closely with Engineering and Business teams to ensure user experience and functionality aligns with client's expectations and the overall product strategy
You'll need to have:
- Business proficiency or above in Korean language to manage existing and prospective Korean client relations
- 1-3 years of recent market data experience in the financial services industry, including exchanges, market data providers or financial institutions
- Demonstrated experience of the fixed income or syndicated loans market
- Shown ability to work with client service, sales support, or marketing role in the Loans Industry
- Demonstrated experience to build and maintain client relationships, including cold calling
- Comfort with a high degree of autonomy, and shown ability in managing priorities from multiple internal and external partners
- Strong research and analysis skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skill
We’d love to see:
- An existing network within Loan Industry is beneficial
- Demonstrated experience in programming language (such as Python)
- An interest in technology and data analysis
- Ability to spot market trends and act on them to generate new opportunities
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.