Bloomberg Financial Solutions - Business Intelligence Analyst - Singapore
Posted May 18, 2022 - Requisition No. 103700
Each of our clients is unique. They have their own workflows and very specific data needs. Our endless selection of datasets, covering all asset types, with multiple delivery technologies and flexible scheduling means our clients are able to get exactly the data they need, when they need it, in the format they prefer. Without us, they simply cannot operate. Making the right decisions for our customers and services with such varying and complex consumption is a challenge. Extracting intelligence from our datasets is key to our success and that is where you come in.
What is the role?
The Business Intelligence team drives new business and organic growth in the Enterprise Data department through providing actionable insights to key decision makers. Whether we are working on the design of products and commercial strategies or uncovering sales opportunities through data analysis, technology, collaboration and understanding of our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
We work closely with both regional and global teams across stakeholder groups such as Sales, CFO Office, Global & Regional Department Heads, Business and Product Development, Data, Operational Support and other verticals across the firm. In order to achieve our goals and deliver results we extensively leverage technology for data warehousing, analysis and visualisation (Qliksense, IBM Cognos, Tableau, Excel Powerpivot, VBA, SQL, Python, R).
We’ll trust you:
- Analyze large and complex data sets with the ability to draw conclusions and provide meaningful insights to stakeholders
- Develop commercial models incorporating market feedback, business insight and specific commercial goals to support business growth
- Drive sales strategies and generate targeted campaigns by leveraging data
- Build out an extensive network within the organisation that you will effectively leverage to influence outcomes and achieve results
- Share actionable insights with the management team through both ad-hoc reporting and building dashboards
- Design tools to enable our stakeholders to access self-service analytics & pre-packaged datasets
- Manage major projects in collaboration with the Data Warehouse engineers for data acquisition and report automation
- Explore alternative datasets to enrich & expand existing analytics offering
To be successful in this role, you'll have to be:
- Proactive and Independent: to continuously look for opportunities to make a positive business impact with the ability to focus on the solution and deliver results even when faced with setbacks, uncertainty and changing priorities.
- Innovative and Creative: to challenge the status-quo with imaginative ideas to , think about different approaches to a problem and factor in future risk and shortcomings with potential solutions.
- An excellent Collaborator and Resourceful Negotiator: to work well in a team environment where global collaboration is essential, and the ability to successfully build relationships with key stakeholders quickly and negotiate the scope of a project for a win-win outcome where we are efficiently leveraging our resources.
- a clear Communicator: to deliver clear, concise and structured presentations where you understand your audience and convey the appropriate amount of information.
- Highly Analytical: to connect the dots, think beyond a task, understand the ultimate goal and ask the right questions.
- Technical: to shorten time spent on tasks by leveraging your technical background as well as quickly adopting new tools and assist in migration and integration throughout the global team and department.
- Well Organised: to provide quick concise updates on all projects you are working on, and create your own structure to achieve goals when faced with an unstructured work environment
You’ll Also need to have:
- Strong Financial Markets and Market Data Background acquired through at least 2 years of experience in Financial Services or a Financial Technology company
- 2 years of experience facing internal or external stakeholders, ideally including Sales, Product or Engineering
- 2 years of project management experience, involved in derivation of analytical insights from large and complex datasets
- Hands on experience with relational databases, Business Intelligence tools, analytics modelling tools
- Intermediate proficiency in at least one of the following tools/languages: SQL, Python, Qlik development, Tableau development
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
- Strong presentation and communication skills in English
We'd love to see:
- Technical proficiency regarding database design development, data models, techniques for data mining, and segmentation.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think you are a good match and we will get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/solution/data-and-content/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.