Bloomberg Intelligence - Equity Research Analyst - Shipping & Logistics, APAC
Posted Jan 4, 2022 - Requisition No. 99246
Bloomberg Intelligence provides comprehensive views on industries and its key constituents and, combined with the power of the Bloomberg Professional® service, gives you unsurpassed depth and breadth at the sector, industry and company levels. Bloomberg Intelligence also offers valuable written analysis on 135 industries and 2,000 companies, industry data, and interactive charting and functions from a team of independent experts, giving investment and corporate professionals deep insights into where crucial industries stand today and where they may be heading next.
What's in it for you:
You would be part of an expanding team responsible for conducting analysis on a periodic and topical basis and authoring research on companies within the Transportation and Logistics sector, with a focus on global marine shipping and logistics. You are entrusted to deliver high quality and timely content while also growing our data offering.
We'll trust you to:
- Leverage your knowledge of the global marine shipping and logistics industries to actively create research on a regular basis.
- Monitor, interpret and react to major company developments, and identify macro themes and trends affecting global supply chains and industries under your coverage.
- Manage earnings cycle, including previews and reviews.
- Work closely with our global team of Bloomberg Intelligence analysts and strategists located in Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo, London and New York to coordinate and collaborate on analysis.
- Develop and maintain relationships with investors, industry and market professionals, investor relations personnel, and senior management at target companies.
- Participate and initiate marketing events like webinars, round-tables and conferences to commercialize research ideas.
- Work with Global Data teams to ensure data completeness and quality control for existing and new data sets of target companies.
You need to have:
- A minimum of 5 years of equity research experience, specializing in marine shipping and logistics sectors.
- Experience in a sell-side or buy-side research analysis role
- Experience interpreting financial statements and performing quantitative financial analysis
- Knowledge of advanced concepts, practices, and procedures of finance and accounting.
- Exceptional primary research and writing skills.
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills.
- Self-starter, independent thinker and collaborative team player.
- Strong organization skills, and capable of prioritizing and handling multiple projects.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Fluency in English, verbal and written
- Demonstrated continuous career growth in a role within an organisation
We'd love to see:
- CFA designation is preferred.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional/bloomberg-intelligence/.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.