Bloomberg NEF Southeast Asia Analyst - Singapore
Posted Aug 31, 2018 - Requisition No. 69646
We are seeking a talented, highly motivated individual to join our analysis team. You're one of those people who have a real passion for energy and transport markets, and you want to be at the forefront of these exciting industries. You naturally form original opinions, and you have an exceptional ability to communicate these to your audience. Your quantitative skills are strong, and you love to analyze critically complex subjects. Teamwork is important to you, and you are excited by the prospect of working with colleagues and clients from a diverse range of backgrounds.
You will be based in our Singapore office as part of the analyst team, for Bloomberg NEF - the world's leading independent provider of analysis, tools, data and research to decision makers leading the future of energy, mobility, commodities, digital industry and materials. Our team of experts, spread across six continents, provides independent analysis and insight, working with the largest corporations across utilities and power generation, oil & gas, equipment manufacturing and advanced technologies, banking and finance, transport and government sectors.
We'll trust you to:
- Become an expert on the clean energy and transport markets, working as an analyst within the Singapore team
- Learn and develop quantitative and qualitative research on solar PV, energy storage, electric mobility and coal power generation.
- Track and write about policy and regulatory developments and their market impacts
- Deliver value to our clients across the globe, through reports, data sets and direct interaction
- Contribute to the development of the business
What's the role:
- Together with other team members, identify topics of interest to clients, conduct research, and report on the findings in a timely manner
- Develop and implement market-driving products, data sets, forecasts, and tools
- Collaborate with a high degree of professionalism with colleagues and clients from different cultures and countries
- Promote high degree of knowledge leadership in the market
- Develop a network of contacts in the industry and promote/represent BNEF across a wide variety of senior stakeholders
- Contribute to one-off pieces of consultancy on specific topics
- Present your research at conferences and clearly communicate it to clients and prospects
You'll need to have:
- Interest in and enthusiasm for energy and mobility sectors
- An advanced degree in sciences, engineering, economics or business administration and/or 1-5 years of experience in a related field
- Exceptional communication skills in English: writing (for research reports), reading (to conduct research) and speaking (for presentations at conferences, to clients, or to the media).
- Confidence and accuracy conducting numerical analysis and familiarity with data
- Understanding of financial markets, financial analysis, and corporate strategy
- Ability to think critically and develop thoughtful opinions by cutting through the noise of data, extracting key patterns, applying skepticism to the claims of industry participants and asking insightful questions
- Natural aptitude for graphically presenting data and writing clearly and concisely
- Curiosity and the ability to quickly understand distill and relate complex topics to non-specialist audiences
- Confidence conducting research calls and communicating with senior industry contacts and academics
- Excellent time management skills and confidence working on multiple projects at once, able to keep up with a demanding, fast paced environment
We'd love to see:
- Southeast Asia languages such as Thai and Indonesian Bahasa, although not a requirement
- Post-graduate qualifications or professional experience in sciences, engineering or economics
- Experience in the energy industry, electric mobility, new technologies and renewable energy. Knowledge of the economics of solar PV and energy storage markets will be highly regarded
Does this sound like you?If so, apply today. If we believe you're a match, we'll get in touch with you soon about next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg NEF is a leading provider of primary research on clean energy, advanced transport, digital industry, innovative materials, and commodities. With a team of experts spread across six continents, BNEF leverages the world’s most sophisticated data sets to create clear perspectives and in-depth forecasts that frame the financial, economic and policy implications of industry-transforming trends and technologies.Available online, on mobile and on the Terminal, BNEF is powered by Bloomberg’s global network of 19,000 employees in 176 locations, reporting 5,000 news stories a day. Visit https://about.bnef.com/ or request more information via https://about.bnef.com/contact .
BNEF Team Ethos:
To succeed at BNEF we need people who can work in an independent manner and show initiative to develop their own viewpoints, yet be collaborative with colleagues. We don’t rely on the status quo, we look for innovative yet pragmatic thinking that turns big ideas into real insights and impact. Working at BNEF sometimes feels chaotic; we need teams that are both dynamic and structured to generate the unique perspectives our clients really value. Our teams are diverse, creative, focused, and fun!