Bloomberg New Economy - APAC Speaker Liaison (4-Month Contract)
Posted Jun 16, 2022 - Requisition No. 104524
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to New Economy.
This is a project-based, four-month contract position for Bloomberg's marquee conference, the 2022 Bloomberg New Economy Forum in Singapore. The successful candidate will assist the Bloomberg New Economy editorial team developing the event program and specifically identifying and recruiting speakers from the APAC region for plenary and breakout sessions.
This requires up-to-date knowledge of economic issues on a global and regional level as well as familiarity with top decision-makers in government, finance and industry. Proficiency in speaking and writing in Mandarin is a must. Other language skills are a plus.
- Research focus topics for plenary sessions and breakouts
- Recommend key leaders and decision-makers in the APAC region for roles in the Forum program
- Lead outreach and communication to APAC speakers
- Provide regular updates on outreach status and coordinating bookings with internal BNE teams
- Maintain an internal database
- Build and manage relationships with target speakers' PR and/or executive teams
- Prepare speaker and moderator briefing materials ahead of the Forum
- Oversee the translation process for updates to our Mandarin materials
- Attend the Forum in Singapore (November 14-17, 2022) and serving as a speaker point of contact on site
You’ll need to have:
- Proficiency in Mandarin, to support our Mandarin speaking clients
- 5+ years of experience in event development/programming, journalism or TV booking
- Strong relationships with the APAC business community
- Polished, professional demeanor
- Willing to travel internationally to execute events
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, remain organized, troubleshoot problems, and propose creative solutions
- Experience communicating professionally with senior officials and executives
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: www.blpcareers.com
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Contract will be administered by third-party vendor as a dispatched worker arrangement with Bloomberg.