Bloomberg QuickTake Video Editor - Singapore
Posted Aug 16, 2022 - Requisition No. 106473
The energy of a newsroom. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurship we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning digital, magazine, radio, television, and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is setting out to become the indispensable source for the world's most influential leaders.
Bloomberg Quicktake is seeking a video editor with extensive background in video post-production, including motion graphics and animation. You will be responsible for editing compelling short and mid-form content across our various platforms. You have a strong sense of storytelling and a technical grasp on current editing systems (Adobe Premiere, After Effects.) You will work alongside producers to drive post-production execution, advising on editing techniques that can enhance their product. You will also be responsible for reliable sound mix, color correction and media management of your work. We’re looking for someone who can produce content across a wide range of topics for our young global audience.
We’ll trust you to:
- Drive post-production on everything from social first shorts to longer explainer news packages
- Identify trending stories, verse yourself in Bloomberg News content and understand the elements that make video successful on social media and streaming services.
- Create stories from raw footage in balance with other elements including but not limited to timing, cutting to music, and basic graphic design.
- Develop story arcs from news articles and/ or raw data and write scripts in conversational yet conclusive language
- Own and fulfill daily A/V tasks upon demand from animations/gifs, short text-on-screen news clips to punchy explainers in the 1-5 minute range
- Utilize deep technical skills within Adobe Premiere to deliver polished final exports in a variety of formats and aspect ratios as platforms demand.
- Work under pressure in a fast-paced creative environment.
- Travel and work non-traditional hours (possible Saturday/Sundays) when required
You’ll need to have:
- Atleast 5 years experience in video production with camera know-how and field shooting/producing skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects and the broader Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in a role that involved journalism and/or news reporting
- Experience with LUTs and color correction & basic sound mixing
- Experience with field audio production (boom and lavalier microphones)
- Strong organisational skills and capable of handling multiple projects.
- Passion for brainstorming & experimenting with visually creative ways to tell stories
- Fluency in written and verbal English communication
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
We would love to see:
- A basic understanding of business news and industries
- A grasp of Mandarin and/or Cantonese to support the local news coverage and primary sourcing
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.