BloombergNEF (BNEF) 2020 Internship - Bilingual Vietnamese/English
Posted Jan 17, 2020 - Requisition No. 80787
BloombergNEF is seeking a talented, highly-motivated intern to join our research team in Singapore. The successful candidate will support our experts to produce regular research output.
BloombergNEF Team Ethos:
To succeed at BloombergNEF we need people who can work in an independent manner and show initiative to develop their own viewpoints, yet be collaborative with colleagues. We don’t rely on the status quo, we look for innovative yet pragmatic thinking that turns big ideas into real insights and impact. Working at BloombergNEF sometimes feels chaotic; we need teams that are both dynamic and structured to generate the unique perspectives our clients really value. Our teams are diverse, creative, focused, and fun!
We will trust you to:
- Conduct research on topics such as project finance on renewable energy and fossil fuel power plants
- Read and conduct basic analysis and evaluation of projects, companies and technologies
- Write research on topics covered
- Assist with quantitative analysis, market sizing, policy/regulatory research and forecasting, and making reasonable estimates where data is poor and/or confusing
- Speak with industry figures and BloombergNEF clients to gather information and opinions
- Commit full-time for at least 10 weeks (May 18, 2020 - July 24,2020)
- Demonstrate an interest and enthusiasm for the renewable energy industry
- Have excellent critical thinking and strong quantitative skills
- Have good communication skills: writing (for research projects) and speaking (for presentations). Proficient in Written and Spoken English and Vietnamese
- Act as a self-starter, have a high work-rate and have the ability to work on parallel tasks with attention to detail
- Derive information from public sources and in-person / telephone interviews
- Have working knowledge of Excel, other MS Office applications, and Python
We'll need you to:
We would love you to have:
- An understanding of renewable energy technology or policy
- A background in natural sciences, engineering, economics, or finance
If this sounds like you:
Apply! One of our recruiters will review your application and qualifications, and we will be in touch regarding next steps. To learn more about our company and culture, visit our YouTube channel “Inside Bloomberg”.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.