BloombergNEF Southeast Asia Analyst
Posted Mar 21, 2022 - Requisition No. 101655
We are seeking a talented, highly motivated individual to join our Southeast Asia research team as an entry level analyst based in Singapore. You're one of those people who have a real passion for energy markets, and you want to be at the forefront of this exciting industry. You naturally form original opinions, and you have an outstanding ability to communicate these to your audience. Your quantitative skills are strong, and you love to analyze critically complex subjects. Teamwork is important to you, and you are excited by the prospect of working with colleagues and clients from a diverse range of backgrounds.
You will be based in our Singapore office as part of the Southeast Asia research team, for BloombergNEF - the world's leading independent provider of analysis, tools, data and research to decision makers leading the future of energy. Our team of experts, spread across six continents, provides independent analysis and insight, working with the largest corporations across utilities and generation, oil & gas, equipment manufacturers, banking and finance, and government.
Available online, on mobile and on the Terminal, BNEF is powered by Bloomberg’s global network of 19,000 employees in 176 locations, reporting 5,000 news stories a day. Visit https://about.bnef.com/ or request more information via https://about.bnef.com/contact/.
BNEF Team Ethos:
To succeed at BNEF, we need people who can work in an independent manner and show initiative to develop their own viewpoints, yet be collaborative with colleagues. We don’t rely on the status quo, we look for innovative yet pragmatic thinking that turns big ideas into real insights and impact. Working at BNEF sometimes feels chaotic; we need teams that are both dynamic and structured to generate the unique perspectives our clients really value. Our teams are diverse, creative, focused, and fun!
What's the role?
You will be responsible for undertaking primary research and analysis on Southeast Asia, producing written reports, presentations, tools and other products. You will also be answering client requests and supporting business development through client interactions in English as well as Bahasa Indonesian or Vietnamese.
We'll trust you to:
- Develop and implement market-driving products, data sets, forecasts, and tools
- Collaborate with a high degree of integrity with colleagues and clients from different cultures and countries
- Together with other team members, identify topics of interests to clients, conduct research, and report on the findings in a timely manner
- Help our customers truly get to grips with the landscape of energy transition in Southeast Asia
- Present your research at conferences and clearly communicate it to clients and prospects
- Analyse complex subjects both quantitatively and qualitatively, and make them understandable and relevant to a wide range of clients with different concerns
- Demonstrate excellent, well-practised quantitative skills
- Form creative opinions, graphically present data and write clearly and concisely
- Balance multiple parallel tasks, be highly organised and have rigorous attention to detail
- Collaborate in global team with a high degree of professionalism, and with colleagues and clients from different cultures
You'll need to have:
- 1-4 years of experience in the energy sector gained within a research, analysis, consulting, publishing, trading, energy/utilities, financial or investment environment
- University degree in sciences, engineering, economics, finance or business
- Proficient in Bahasa Indonesia or Vietnamese to manage local research
- Experience working and collaborating with regional researchers
- Communication skills in English: writing (for research reports), reading (to conduct research) and speaking (for presentations at conferences, to clients, or to the media)
- Confidence and accuracy conducting numerical analysis and familiarity with data
We'd love to see:
- Internship or work experience in the energy, commodities, finance industries
- Knowledge of power markets or decarbonization technologies and policies
Does this sound like you?
Apply via our careers website! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: www.blpcareers.com
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and are inclusive of age, disability, colour, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion and belief, parental or caring status, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, sexual orientation, veteran status.
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.