Client Marketing Director
Posted Jul 9, 2021 - Requisition No. 92041
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Bloomberg QuickTake to Bloomberg New Economy to Bloomberg Green.
Are you passionate about major socio-economic global challenges? Are you immersed in business trends, cultural shifts and technological advancements? Do you like to understand what motivates audience segments and moves markets?
Bloomberg Media is looking for a Client Marketing Director, Asia to develop strategic solutions and deliver best in class partnership proposals with data led insights covering brand consulting, branded content, sponsored editorial programming, advertising and events.
This role will require you to:
- Capitalise on Bloomberg’s resources across commercial and editorial to deliver creative solutions for proposals and presentations for key target clients.
- Be comfortable with mining data, research, and intelligence reports for insights and implications.
- Be able to provide research, information and audience understanding to support the client solutions.
- Provide custom strategic upfront to proposals, including assessment of client's objectives, overarching business/market context, strategic assessment and development of implications and opportunities that align to Bloomberg Media's credentials.
- Maintain RFP responses; setting timelines and structuring check-in meetings and schedules
- Support the creative team through insight, data and strategic support to ensure content ideas supports the brief.
- Support the sales team to develop category and country insights which helps grow our footprint and business opportunity.
- Efficiently manage multiple projects, pitches and content creation, all happening simultaneously.
- Support the continued development of branding and marketing assets to ensure the market understands the depth of Bloomberg’s offering.
- Actively identify and understand emerging platforms and trends to give our ideas and our team a competitive edge, whether it is new media channels, industry trends or potential partnerships.
- This role will require participation in the broader Bloomberg Media strategy team -- for knowledge transfer, support, brainstorming, etc.
You will need to have:
- 8+ years marketing, advertising or media agency experience.
- Strong foundation in business, brand strategy and creative thinking.
- Solid time-management and attention to detail – you’ll be balancing projects daily.
- Demonstrate ability to design strategies for media and creative campaigns across multiple platforms.
- Deep understanding of digital products, social platforms and best practices.
- Experience supporting relationships at a senior level across brands and agencies.
- Ability to lead multiple initiatives simultaneously while upholding quality standards.
- Interest in news, business, technology, entertainment trends.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills - the ability to work closely with edit, product and sales/marketing teams.
- Experience managing and building a high-performing team.
- A proactive, client service-oriented approach and winning mentality.
- Comfort with brand, media and performance analytics.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once, with exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills in English, with the ability to confidently and concisely share ideas, objectives and results with key stakeholders.
- Strong presentation development skills and an eye for great design; proficiency in PowerPoint, Google Slides or Keynote a must; familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.