Compliance - Electronic Trading Compliance Officer - Singapore
Posted May 7, 2020 - Requisition No. 82842
Bloomberg’s Legal Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex issues that come with being the world’s leading financial news and information company. Our team is made of up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. We also recognize the value of diversity and inclusion and the importance of giving back to our communities as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program.
The Global Compliance team within Bloomberg’s Legal Department provides coverage of Bloomberg's regulated entities and products and support for Bloomberg's non-regulated products and services. We work to address regulatory issues, ensure compliance with current/developing rules and regulations, and correspond with regulators. As part of the Legal and Compliance organisation, the Compliance team ensures that Bloomberg’s activities and its employees adhere to applicable regulations and standards.
What's the role?
Bloomberg’s Compliance team is expanding its coverage in Asia Pacific. An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Compliance professional with fixed income and electronic trading compliance experience focusing on South Asia jurisdictions to join the Asia Pacific Compliance team. Based in Singapore, you will join an existing team of Compliance Officers to provide Compliance coverage of Bloomberg’s electronic trading activities in the Asia Pacific region, focusing on South Asia jurisdiction such as Singapore, India, Malaysia and/or Indonesia.
in this role, we trust you to:
- Assist to implement and maintain the firm’s Compliance Program, including policies and procedures.
- Provide Compliance coverage of the firm’s electronic trading platforms and products, including handling regulatory reporting, Compliance related queries, alerts and incidents.
- Represent the Asia Pacific Compliance team to participate in, and work with other business and support functions on, major business proposals and regulatory change initiatives.
- Provide Compliance advice to the business and support functions to ensure Compliance with regulatory and company requirements and standards.
- Prepare and deliver Compliance training addressing employee needs and Compliance requirements as well as enhancing employee awareness and knowledge of regulatory requirements and sensitivities.
- Coordinate internal audits and regulatory inspections, including responses to regulatory inquiries and surveys.
- Implement appropriate Compliance controls and tools, including working with Compliance technology support and other internal functions to make enhancements and address any gaps identified.
- Assist in other compliance projects and initiatives relevant to the Asia Pacific Compliance team.
You'll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Law, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of relevant Legal or Compliance experience in a regulated financial institution.
- Relevant experience in covering electronic trading and financial markets, particularly in relation to currencies, fixed income, commodities and related derivatives.
- Understanding of financial regulations in South Asia countries. Experience in providing legal advice in financial regulations would be advantageous.
- Experience in communicating with regulators and/or in supporting responses to regulatory enquiries.
- Experience in drafting policies, procedures and manuals as well as preparing reports for regulatory bodies and internal management.
- Ability to work well in a team with strong technical skills to work in a fast pace, technology driven environment.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.