Content Acquisition - Technical Account Manager (Singapore)
Posted Jul 18, 2023 - Requisition No. 117661
At Bloomberg, our products are fuelled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news, and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
The Content Acquisition team (CA) is an integral part of the Data department. We are responsible for managing, acquiring, and integrating content and data from exchanges, brokers, sell-side, buy-side, and other types of providers to drive the value of the Bloomberg Terminal and downstream enterprise products. We lead the governance, cost, and quality of the data we acquire, and we collaborate with the wider company to develop our data acquisition strategies ensuring we are aligning with the agendas of our key partners.
Our Client Service team is responsible for acquiring and managing content which is then made available to our client base. For clients, who use Bloomberg daily, having the ability to access this content in one place makes their workflow more efficient and helps them make more informed decisions. For the content providers, being able to deliver their content in a place where their clients actively operate, ensures greater market presence, and returns on their distribution effort.
What’s the role?
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join our team as a Technical Account manager, in Singapore. Your role will be vital in supporting new and existing content partners; you will be handling incoming queries and technical issues, as well as proactively working with our partners to ensure their OTC pricing content is delivered in an accurate, timely and effective manner. To do this, you will need to build strong and lasting relationships with these institutions, have a deep understanding of the technology they use, their goals and challenges and offer outstanding support to them. You will work closely with Relationship Managers and other business areas to set company strategy around contributed content and ensure your account strategy is aligned with it.
We'll trust you to:
- Build strong and collaborative relationships with the OTC pricing content providers by having a deep understanding of the technology they use, their data goals and challenges to offer outstanding services
- Work closely with a global team of motivated account managers, technical specialists, relationship managers and product managers to better understand our clients' data needs and key market trends and develop your account strategy.
- Optimise data ingestion workflows by understanding the data infrastructure internally and externally to help our content providers maintain and improve data quality and optimise content dissemination.
- Become a true subject matter expert in OTC pricing data by leveraging business intelligence to help spot trends, identify gaps and areas for data acquisition and data content improvements
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or degree-equivalent qualifications
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in the financial services industry, including exchanges, market data providers or financial institutions
- Demonstrated experience of at least one of the asset classes e.g. Equities or Derivatives or Fixed Income or Foreign Exchange etc.
- Demonstrated experience in at least one of the following programming languages: Python, SQL and VBA
- Exceptional customer service skills, with the ability to handle and prioritise multiple client queries and projects simultaneously
- Ability to handle and support key accounts, helping them maintain and improve custom systems related to content dissemination
- Confidence to lead strategic technical and business relationships
- Drive and passion to develop your own ideas and strategies for your accounts
- Good interpersonal skills and a desire to work directly with customers
- A proactive demeanour with the confidence to challenge the status quo and a real desire to improve practices and processes
- Keen interest and understanding of financial markets
- Experience in finding technical solutions to help automate or improve our content partners’ data workflows and find efficiencies, for example improving data creation and distribution capabilities
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
We’d love to see:
- Proficiency in any Asian languages as your coverage will include Asian markets
- Knowledge of FIX Connectivity
- Experience in data analytics tools; business intelligence tools or similar
- Experience in using business intelligence to identify gaps and trends, or opportunities for product enhancements
- Interest in or experience of using data analytical tools to find opportunities for product and content improvements
- Prior experience working as an Account Manager in a tech-focused organisation
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe that you're a good match, we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.