Content Producer, Singapore
Posted Jul 28, 2023 - Requisition No. 117893
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Bloomberg Originals to New Economy Forum.
We are hiring for a Content Producer to join Bloomberg Television’s newsroom in Singapore. This role is a critical part within the show production team - responsible for the visual elements the show needs from the live broadcast to digital distribution. There are six hours of live programming Monday-Friday starting at 6am through 12pm with shows covering the markets across Asia. Each show will have a dedicated Content Producer who will be working alongside the production team and talent to ensure all segments have appropriate production value and will be the point person for creating any digital/social content for the show.
This role will require early morning starts and flexible hours as we follow the latest news stories.
We’ll trust you to:
- Create video and graphics that include but not limited to: VOs (video overlays), SOTs (soundbites), produced opens, graphic templated headshots, charts, full screens
- Thrive in a live news environment, breaking news, quick deadlines, fast-paced but diligent.
- Be proactive - pitch ideas, be creative, bring your expertise to the table and elevate our content.
- Be precise in sourcing content and creating elements for your work, we have an extensive internal library of video and images as well as multiple sources to obtain content from.
- Deliver your content to multiple destinations, be familiar with various digital platforms and metadata requirements that are crucial for digital success.
- Be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Collaborate with global editorial, production staff, on-air talent and colleagues from across Bloomberg's media platforms to ensure we maximize the impact of our content around the world
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or degree equivalent qualifications
- At least 3 years of newsroom experience
- Experience executing video design and motion graphics through using Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with newsroom planning tools including but not limited to ENPS, Trello
- Experience with social media publishing platforms including but not limited to SocialFlow
- An ability to adapt to new programs, cloud based technology, changing news habits and audience behaviors
- Strong news judgment and the ability to thrive under pressure
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organization
Life at Bloomberg is many things, but it’s never dull. We’re a truly global business with a truly diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive and collaborative, and provide a work environment that inspires our employees to be their best. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare coverage, and programs to support you and your family through different life stages, from parental leave to generous retirement savings plans.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.