Posted Aug 14, 2018 - Requisition No. 68733
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. Through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is setting out to become the indispensable source of information for the world's most influential business leaders.As part of our Media Studios APAC team, you will be responsible for building thought-leading and credible branded content for advertisers of Bloomberg Media that is powered by data and rooted in global context, whilst being inspired by learnings from our successful editorial model.
We’ll trust you to:
- Support the APAC media sales team with content strategies and creative ideas for pitches and, when required, participate in presentations and/or calls with both clients and media agencies
- Be comfortable engaging directly with clients and/or agencies to manage the content development and review process
- Collaborate with the in-house creative team to convert approved content drafts into rich media formats (e.g. infographics, dynamic content hubs, motion graphics)
- Work closely with the Global Editors based out of New York to get all content drafts reviewed
- Adopt a nimble mindset and be versatile enough to respond to any occasional pivots into high-end B2C copywriting (e.g. whiskies, watches, automobiles)
- Learn to use the Bloomberg Terminal to identify and pull relevant research produced by Bloomberg's 2,700+ journalists and analysts
- Perform external research to supplement Bloomberg research when necessary
- Ensure the accuracy of information presented in all content by referencing Bloomberg and/or credible third-party sources
You’ll need to have:
- At least 8 years of experience in business journalism and/or B2B communications, working with large multinationals and/or established news media
- A fundamental understanding of business, economics and finance, and demonstrate critical thinking in applying such knowledge to curating high-quality, insightful content for the Bloomberg audience.
- Be proficient in diverse types of content writing, including writing long-form and short-form articles, scripting explainer videos and branding videos, as well as drafting soundbites, questions and talking points for interview-based vignettes
- Excellent communication skills in English (reading and writing), whilst an additional language (Mandarin/Cantonese/Bahasa) would be deeply advantageous
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.