The Core Derivatives Group is seeking a Hedge Accounting Derivatives Specialist.
The candidate will be joining a rapidly expanding specialized area of Bloomberg focused on offering premium cross asset derivatives portfolio valuation services and an advanced risk platform to our client base. As a member of the Core Derivatives Group you will help develop and implement new hedge accounting strategies, as well as actively contribute and assist our premium accounts.
- On-boarding and support of hedge accounting premium clients
- Subject Matter Expert on HEFF (Hedge accounting product). Strong knowledge on the other related pricing functions will be required.
- Develop the methodology to meet Bloomberg target implementation timescales. Service delivery will be primarily conducted remotely but there would be instances client visits/meetings are required.
- Design on-boarding development road map from an implementation perspective; requirements gathering and specification definition.
- Collaboration with Bloomberg colleagues worldwide on the evolution of the product roadmap. Collaborate with various in-house experts, from development, sales, product management and marketing
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Contributing to quality control efforts and raising potential areas for enhancement.
- Supporting sales by attending on-site meetings with clients and prospects, showcasing unique Bloomberg cross asset derivatives portfolio valuation and risk services.
- Assisting our market specialists in providing high-level analytical expertise to clients and our sales force alike.
- Influencing the direction of our services by providing feedback to Bloomberg's business managers on user demand, service enhancements and specific developments. Also, work with Bloomberg product management to assist in the evolution of the roadmap based on client feedback.
- Experience as a hedge accounting practitioner either in a corporate treasury or financial services environment.
- Prior experience implementing, selecting or using other SaaS based hedge accounting and/or treasury management systems is preferred
- Experience and expertise in the corporate treasury space would be advantageous
- Exemplary presentation, training and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of complex derivative valuation techniques, accounting, risk management principles and associated methodologies (e.g., CVA ) as well as applicable regulations (Dodd Frank, EMIR, UCITS, AIFMD) a must.
- Big 4 audit/advisory experience (or equivalent) a plus
- Experience using Bloomberg, and knowledge of and other derivative pricing platforms is a plus.
- University finance/quantitative degree or equivalent required.
- Motivated self-starter, comfortable in a demanding, client driven environment.
- Willingness to travel.
What Bloomberg does - and how you can make your mark here:
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision makers in business, finance and government a competitive edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of news, people and ideas. To do that, we need a constant flow of ideas, energy and innovation-which is where you come in.
At Bloomberg, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. Be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients - and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.