Country Compliance Officer - Singapore
Posted Mar 25, 2019 - Requisition No. 74331
Bloomberg’s Legal Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex legal issues that come with being the world’s leading financial news and information company. Our team is made up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. Diversity and inclusion are essential to our success, and we strive to maintain an environment where our employees are empowered to make an impact. We also recognize the value and importance of giving back to our communities, as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program.
The Global Compliance team within Bloomberg’s Legal Department provides coverage of Bloomberg's regulated entities and products including support for Bloomberg's non-regulated products and services. We work to address regulatory issues, ensure compliance with current/developing rules and regulations, and correspond with regulators. Bloomberg has regulated activities that include regulated trading venues (e.g., UK Multilateral Trading Facility, US Swap Execution Facility), MIFID II benchmark activities, a US Broker-Dealer, and other regulated offerings globally.
The Bloomberg APAC Compliance Department is part of the Global Compliance Department. The Compliance Department works closely with the Legal Department to address regulatory issues, ensuring compliance with current and developing rules and regulations, and corresponding with regulators.
This is a unique team which utilises the diverse skills and experience of all members to succeed in covering many different products and regulatory requirements. It offers an environment to share knowledge and experiences, and to develop individually in a company that positively encourages collaboration and teamwork.
The APAC Compliance Department is seeking a Country Compliance Officer to join their team based in Singapore. In this role, you will be responsible for assisting the APAC CCO in ensuring compliance with MAS regulations, as well as with other relevant foreign regulations. We will expect you to provide interpretive guidance to the business and support groups, including real time advisory services globally, as well as maintaining, reviewing and periodically updating Compliance manuals, policies and procedures.
We'll Trust You To:
- Assess and interpret the impact of applicable financial regulations and rules.
- Maintain the country compliance program, including the Compliance Manuals, regulatory documentation and related policies/procedures.
- Maintain local regulatory authorisations and licenses, including ensuring compliance with regulatory conditions and expectations.
- Conduct Compliance risk assessments and internal reviews, including customer onboarding and system enablement.
- Prepare and submit periodic reports to regulatory bodies and senior management.
- Partner with the business, regional Compliance and Legal teams, providing guidance on country regulatory and compliance requirements, as well as company policies and codes of conduct.
- Advise on trading issues, incidents and customer enquiries.
- Perform monitoring and surveillance on employee and customer conduct.
- Plan, prepare and conduct continuing education for business partners.
- Liaise with regulators and handle regulatory inquiries and inspections.
- Assist with investigations and disciplinary actions.
- Identify potential enhancements in processes and play a role to implement system changes.
- Look out for regulatory change and their potential impact.
- As a key member you will provide Compliance support to the broad range of businesses operated by Bloomberg L.P.
You'll Need To Have:
- 5-8 years’ experience in regulatory Compliance in a licensed financial institution.
- Experience in the financial markets, ideally in electronic trading and derivative products.
- Experience in liaising with financial regulators, responding to regulatory inquiries and surveys and managing inspections.
- A track record of working with and advising the business and management on compliance matters.
- Experience in drafting policies, procedures, and manuals, along with preparing reports for regulatory bodies and internal management.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- An analytical mind, the ability to solve complex problems and streamline processes.
- Experience dealing with stakeholders at all levels.
We'd Love To See:
- Experience working with MAS and Singapore financial regulations.
- Fluency with financial trading technology.
- Self starter, dedicated and highly business focused.
- A desire to be part of a team in a dynamic and fast-paced organization.
- A JD Degree.
If That Sounds Like You:
Apply - if we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.