Creative Lead, Video & Design
Posted Feb 24, 2023 - Requisition No. 114317
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television and OTT, digital, magazine, podcast and radio, and live event platforms across the globe, and Bloomberg Media has become the indispensable source of information for the world’s most influential business leaders of today and for the next generation of leaders changing how we work and live.
What is the future of storytelling in podcasts, social videos, immersive articles and longform documentaries? How can data clarify and create new perspectives? Where are the new ideas – and people –shaping our global future? What does the future of finance, the future of work, the future of cities, and the future of health look like?
At Bloomberg Media Studios, we confront these questions every day. As the global studio at the heart of Bloomberg Media, we develop creative solutions for brands that leverage Bloomberg’s mission, intelligence, and equity for Bloomberg’s core audiences.
We are passionate about developing innovative ideas and committed to working for a company that places purpose at the center of its business, and understands that creativity depends on a healthy, balanced, and supportive work environment.
We are seeking a Video Creative lead who is a film and motion graphics expert - collaborative, conceptual, strategic and an expert storyteller. You have an extensive background in “hands on” post-production, motion graphics, and animation but also have the expertise and passion for conceptual thinking and idea development.
We’ll trust you to:
- Conceive of storytelling ideas that merge to client business objectives with editorial principles
- Showcase your superior storytelling chops across a range of formats – social-first videos, short-form, animated, long-form documentary style and multi-wave episodic content – that match Bloomberg-owned media channels and audience content consumption trends on TV, OTT, Digital, and Social
- Direct the creative vision (and make it your own!) across every step of the production process: storyboarding, animation, motion graphics, and sound design working in collaboration with internal teams or external production partners
- Ensure the highest quality work whether you’re working with internal teams or directing external production partners at every step: from pre-production, through post, up to and including final delivery
- Shape the creative storytelling to answer client objectives, deliver on Bloomberg’s unique value, and align the tone and style with our platforms (TV, OTT, Digital, Social)
- Communicate the goal and rationale of the work to clients and internal teams in an articulate and compelling manner
- Provide timely, helpful feedback to improve creative processes and to keep work on budget and schedule
You'll need to have:
- At least 8 years of professional work experience with video and post production in a content/publisher/agency environment
- Experience executing design and motion graphics through using Adobe Creative Suite and/or edit software such as Premiere and After Effects
- Experience developing ad campaigns for media, finance, technology or luxury brands
- Organizational and multi-tasking skills to balance multiple projects at once
- A firm understanding of all aspects of the pre- and post-production process as it pertains to video and animation
- An easy-going attitude, calm under pressure, client facing, and personable
- Fluency in spoken and written English communication with a heavy dose of storytelling
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to proactively communicate and collaborate with different stakeholders including our team of writers, editors and animators
- Fluency across deliverables that fit with a cross-channel approach (style frames and/or storyboards for video, motion assets for immersive experiences etc)
- An impeccable portfolio demonstrating a mix of digital and motion graphics
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organization
Life at Bloomberg is many things, but it’s never dull. We’re a truly global business with a truly diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive and collaborative, and provide a work environment that inspires our employees to be their best. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare coverage, and programs to support you and your family through different life stages, from parental leave to generous retirement savings plans.
If this sounds like you, submit an application and include a link to your website/portfolio. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.