Cross-Asset Reporter - Singapore
Posted Nov 2, 2021 - Requisition No. 97065
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from daily coverage through to in-depth features.
We're looking for a reporter for the cross-asset team in Asia, covering major financial-market stories that transcend different types of investment. You will be able to offer insights on multiple asset classes, from equity indexes and Treasuries to commodities and foreign exchange. You will also be expected cut through jargon and platitudes to produce shining pieces for the widest possible audience. The team has a global remit to provide lively, thoughtful and timely coverage on the biggest developments in world markets.
We'll trust you to:
- Generate articles, both short and long-form, that demonstrate a strong storytelling ability
- Have numerous market sources you can turn to for wisdom on the biggest themes of the day
- File accurate copy that utilizes multiple formats, including graphics
- Collaborate closely with colleagues on the Cross Asset Team and others throughout News, including digital platforms.
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of 3 recent years of experience in financial journalism
- Experience working in real time news environment
- Experience covering different asset classes as a reporter
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- Exceptional writing, editing and headline skills
- A track record of creativity and innovation
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: www.blpcareers.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer.