Cyber Security Analyst - Singapore
Posted Oct 2, 2019 - Requisition No. 78767
We protect Bloomberg.
The Cyber Security Operations Center (CSOC) works to understand the cyber threats we face as an organization, develops instrumentation for detection and monitors events 24x7 looking for suspicious activity. We proactively learn from current trends to build relevant detections and contextual understanding into the program. We strive to monitor meaningful security events around the clock, respond quickly, but always favor quality over speed. If an Incident occurs, we are prepared to engage appropriate stakeholders and take required actions as needed. The CSOC department reports into the CISO, and we work closely with Engineering, Legal, Compliance, Investigations and many others across the organization to help unify security event monitoring and incident response. Our colleagues depend on us to be incident response pros that have a deep understanding of IT networks and systems. On any given day, the department may analyze cyber security events, hunt for suspicious activity, research and disseminate threat intelligence, identify improvement opportunities for detection rules, enhance procedures and train analysts.
What we do:
The CSOC is staffed 24x7x365 globally with varying shifts across multiple geographic locations. As a member of the CSOC Triage team in Singapore, you are the first line of cyber defense and thus have an extremely important role in the overall security posture of Bloomberg. Your skills & experience will be tested regularly and you will be empowered to make the right decisions in a variety of unique situations. You will respond with high quality during your investigations and consider the speed at which you work. Re-prioritization will be needed at times to ensure you are focusing on the most important items.
We’ll trust you to:
- Demonstrate a passion and good judgment as a network defender
- Identify and act as the initial responder to all security events
- Learn and understand the broader security of Bloomberg’s environment
- Monitor for events that match pre-defined criteria, and respond according to standard operating procedures as well as use good judgment for matters where a procedure doesn’t exist
- Bring to closure a significant majority of events without the involvement of other teams
- Share robust case notes when raising issues in order to help the next team member
- Remain up-to-date with cyber security threats and trends
- Deliver on relevant cyber security metrics and measurements for the role and area of responsibility
- Collaborate directly with colleagues across the firm to resolve security matters while furthering the program’s brand through your constructive and thoughtful approach
- Respond to varying seniority levels of employees and contractors throughout Bloomberg, to address cyber security concerns
- Ensure appropriate coverage for the assigned shift and provide ample awareness to changes to commitments
- Produce and maintain documentation and standard operation procedures
- Generate ideas for continued improvement, including conceptual design of new threat scenarios
You’ll need to have:
- Deep understanding of variety of logs, log events and Splunk
- Previous experience working with a Security Event and Incident Management platform
- Knowledge of enterprise network and host security controls
- Experience working with remote cross-regional teams
- Ability to be autonomous but proactive in reaching out for support
- Good familiarity with operating systems (Windows, Linux and MAC)
- Solid understanding of computer networks and the TCP/IP stack
- Deep understanding of cyber security trends and potential threats
- Knowledge of client-server applications, multi-tier web applications, relational databases, firewalls, VPNs and enterprise Anti-Virus products
- Prior experience with Microsoft Office solutions
- Proven initiative in further growing knowledge in security space
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to take initiative
- Dedication and ability to collaborate with team members
- Experience providing superb customer service
We would love to see:
- Work experience within a Cyber Security Operations Center
- Experience with programming / scripting
- Experience with middle-ware web services (IIS, Apache)
- Experience with databases (MS SQL, Oracle, DB2)
- Relevant Certifications in the information security space
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
What’s it like to work here?
We work hard. We are ambitious and set ourselves tough business goals. We are a meritocracy, where everyone has a voice - not a job title. Working with people you trust, respect, and can collaborate with is more important than titles or position. Things move fast, and we want people who will enjoy working in this environment and feed off the energy. That being said, it is not all about work. Giving back is one of our core values, and there are many ways to get involved in philanthropic initiatives, from helping local school kids with their reading, to helping clean up local parks and waterways.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we are a good match. We will get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.