Data Analyst, Bloomberg Data Management Services - Singapore
Posted Sep 15, 2023 - Requisition No. 119055
Bloomberg Data Management Services delivers the world’s foremost Data Utility to the Financial Markets. Our clients experience immediate improvement in Data Quality, Operational Process & Control, Reaction to Change and Data Governance when they on-board to our Private Cloud - Hosted Service.
At Bloomberg Data Management Services, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond as well as work on interesting challenging projects with a number of key partners both internally and externally. We are passionate about people who are excited by innovation, who care about our customers, and to achieve our mission to “Simplify Data Management”
What’s the role?
Bloomberg Data Management Services is an Enterprise Data Management (EDM) and Index Data Management (IDM) business, providing simplified data management solutions to the financial industry. We are seeking a motivated self-starter to join our Data Operations team. Based in the Singapore office you will assist with the operational support of managed service clients, initially undertaking the daily operational tasks of handling the acquisition and cleansing of data from the many multi-vendor sources.
We'll trust you to:
- Respond to ad-hoc queries from customers and ensure that a high-quality service is provided to our clients according to defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Monitor the receipt of financial data feeds from third-party vendors, as well as client’s proprietary data.
- Investigate and resolve exceptions on a variety of client activities such as Security Master, Price Master, Index Master, Legal Entity Master and Corporate Actions.
- Research data quality issues, identify resolutions and update systems as required
- Drive data quality through continuous process improvement and lead changes to workflow activities when necessary
- Participate in user acceptance testing during initial on-boarding of managed service clients
You'll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree or higher in relevant data technology or financial field, or degree-equivalent qualifications
- 2-5 years of recent support experience in financial markets, including exchanges, market data providers or financial institutions
- Demonstrated experience working with market data feeds, for example monitoring the real-time market data feed from vendors
- Demonstrated experience in Data management, for example driving data quality and identifying a solution to help customers and find efficiencies
- Comfort with a high degree of autonomy, and shown ability in managing priorities from multiple internal and external partners
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- A desire to learn, be data-oriented with a strong work ethic
- The ability to multitask and be organized, detail-oriented
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
- Strong presentation and communication skills in English
We'd love to see:
- Experience with data across multiple types of data products such as Reference, Pricing, ESG data amongst others from providers such as Bloomberg, Refinitiv, Intercontinental Exchange, MSCI ESG, S&P etc.
- Fluency in Japanese business language will an added advantage for coverage of Japanese clients
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We’re individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and experiences who take on big challenges and create even bigger impact through our work. We’re interested in what makes you you, and how we can create opportunities for you to channel your unique, personal energy and grow to your fullest potential.
Learn more about our office and benefits:
Singapore | www.bloomberg.com/singapore
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.