Data Management Lab (DML), Data Measurements & Process Engineering Team Leader, Singapore
Posted Nov 15, 2022 - Requisition No. 111603
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news, and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
DML supports Data’s pursuit of data management excellence, through aligning industry best practices on data management principles, with Bloomberg's established expertise in financial market data. DML empowers our Data professionals to make their products “ready-to-use”, through promoting increased data discoverability, accessibility, appraisability, interoperability, and positioning our data as analysis-ready.
The APAC Data Measurements & Process Engineering team covers three core areas of our department's larger mandate: Business Intelligence, Data Quality, and Process Engineering. As the leader of this group, you’ll be responsible for defining the strategy and practical approach in how our team engages with regional counterparts, to support their unique needs, while aligning with the global direction of DML. Given the breadth of domains your team will cover, you’ll be expected to wear many hats and be comfortable with context switching.
We'll trust you to:
Establish an effective cross functional team, covering the domains of Business Intelligence, Data Quality, and Process Engineering
Invest in, and develop team members' skillset to establish a deep subject matter expertise in their respective domains, while promoting a culture of cross team collaboration and shared accountability
Work closely with regional Data management teams to support their priorities
Champion organizational adoption of data driven decision making on the back of both operational and product level metrics, through strategic engagement and training opportunities
Collaborate closely with global DML counterparts to ensure consistency in approach, and contribution to shared resources and direction
Partner with Engineering counterparts on priorities and direction of infrastructure needs.
Advocate for regional needs, while maintaining a global perspective
You'll need to have:
- 1-4 years of direct or indirect leadership experience (for example leading projects, mentoring people, etc.)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Data Quality or Data Management related positions in the financial market, ideally from banks, exchanges or financial technology companies
- Demonstrated experience in data analytics/business intelligence applications (such as QlikSense or Tableau)
- Experience in leading multiple projects in parallel, with strong project management and time leadership skills
- Up-to-date knowledge of financial markets, and how Bloomberg products deliver value to our clients
- Demonstrated experience in using a creative and flexible approach to problem-solving, aided by data analysis
- Ability to work under pressure and in a frequently changing environment
- Demonstrated experience in conflict-resolution and problem-solving skills
- Experience in setting measurable goals for your team that align with the broader vision of the organization
- Shown ability to establish strong credibility to build influential relationships with multiple internal and external clients and stakeholders
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organization
- An experimental posture, to challenge past assumptions and ways of thinking
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, allowing you to accurately communicate business needs and requirements and to advocate on behalf of your team
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.