Data Visualization Reporter - Singapore
Posted Nov 16, 2022 - Requisition No. 111665
Bloomberg News is the one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
We are seeking an experienced data visualization journalist who thinks creatively about visual storytelling and possesses the technical skills to implement their ideas. The Bloomberg News Graphics Team is a group of about 25 journalists in New York, Washington, D.C., San Francisco, Taipei, Hong Kong, Singapore and London. We break news and pursue stories of consequence — and we recognize that the more diverse our experiences, interests and areas of expertise, the better we're able to do that.
Our team is highly collaborative and we value people who are motivated to work with others and pitch in when news breaks. You don’t have to be an expert at everything, but you should have a skillset that enables you to tell creative and bold visual stories. We welcome experience with mapping, 3D, motion graphics, illustration, or any creative technology that helps us explore innovative narrative forms. You should be passionate about reporting on issues of significance to readers in Asia and around the world.
We’ll trust you to:
- Rely on your exceptional curiosity, technical prowess and design sensibilities to pitch your own graphics-driven stories
- Collaborate with the wider newsroom on a variety of projects—from breaking news to months-long investigations
- Develop and produce original and compelling data visualizations and maps, across platforms and devices
You’ll need to have:
- Atleast 3 years of professional experience in a role that produces data visualizations
- Advanced data skills, e.g. the ability to collect, manage, munge, explore, analyze and model data from various sources and formats using methods including but not limited to R and Python for this process
- Visual design skills with solid understanding of layout, typography and user experience
- Familiarity with design software such as Adobe Creative Cloud
- Fluency in written and verbal English communication
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organization
If you think you'd be a good fit to join us, submit an application and include a resume, a brief letter telling us about yourself and a portfolio that demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of data journalism, graphic design and development. Include a link to your Github account if you have one.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.